Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Superuser Structure

Level 8
Hi Everyone, We're looking to move towards a Superuser Structure in Workfront. We have one user that wil be bumped from Admin to a regular Plan license. Can anyone tell me if they've done this before? What functionality will he lose? Is there really that much of difference? I have some things listed out but I wanted to get some general feedback from you guys. Thanks!!
3 Replies

Level 3
We do use Superuser sturcture where the person has more capabilities than a normal "plan license user" but less capabilities than a System Admin. The main difference we have is limited ability to "Setup" area for superuser, Superusers cannot delete projects, create teams, create milestone paths, approval paths, timesheet profile id - to name a few. But they do have the ability to create and manage portfolios/programs

Level 8
Thanks Supriya! That was super helpful.

Level 10
The biggest thing to remove when moving from Admin to Planner is their access to all the projects or reports. Unfortunately there is no such thing as a Group Admin (although I've heard from Product they are working on this). So even though our Group Admin's have more access for their business unit than other Planners, they only have access to projects they are on or projects in Portfolios they belong to. Because of this, we have to setup some reports with my admin permissions so they can see all the data for their business unit and not miss something just because a PM forgot to attach it to a Portfolio. Hopefully that makes sense. (Sorry, Friday brain setting in)