Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Super simple I think....how to change the way a date is displayed to include weekday?

Level 9

I want to change our current date format:

1/11/22 1:15 PM

to

Tue 01/11 1:15 PM (or)

T 01/11/22 1:15 PM

Basically, I want to display the weekday in the start on / due on column as we're getting a lot of struggles understanding why the dates are different when passing over a holiday or a weekend.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 9

Thanks Skye! It's close, but the existing format is super long. I was hoping to get the Wed with the short date, otherwise its a Wed, Jan 05 2022 5:00 PM which can take up valuable space.

Is there a way to force it to be Wed, 01/05 5:00P for example?

Level 9

Actually, I think I need to create a calculated field that says:

planned start date

day of week = 1-7

If day of week is 1, replace with SUN, if day of week is 2, replace with MON

and then somehow concat it to be

replaced day of week, MM/DD as the display

Level 10

I just did this sort of thing in a task form. It isn't exactly what you're asking but you can re-use the code I presume.

CONCAT(CASE(DAYOFWEEK(CLEARTIME(Planned Completion Date)),"Sunday","Monday","Tuesday","Wednesday","Thursday","Friday","Saturday"),", ",DAYOFMONTH(CLEARTIME(Planned Completion Date)),", ",CASE(MONTH(CLEARTIME(Planned Completion Date)),"Jan","Feb","Mar","Apr","May","Jun","Jul","Aug","Sep","Oct","Nov","Dec"),", ",YEAR(CLEARTIME(Planned Completion Date)))

CASE operator matches DAYOFWEEK (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) to the list that follows. Same with DAYOFMONTH.

Here's the time as well:

CONCAT(HOUR(Planned Completion Date),":",MINUTE(Planned Completion Date))

Nice one Randy: it's in the vault! Thanks for sharing!

Regards,

Doug