Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

adddays function not working

Level 2
I am trying to add a calculated field for ' adddays ' to add 14 days to another date field on a custom form. I have ensured both fields are date formats. I have double and triple checked the calculation. The field appears but will not calculate. Any thoughts? Erin McMurray Shentel
5 Replies

Level 10
Off the top of my head, is it possible the space after the comma is not needed/wanted by WF.

Level 10
Hi Erin, I believe I've followed your same steps, and for me, each of these formulas: ADDDAYS(Activation date, 14) ADDDAYS(Activation date,14) ADDDAYS({DE:Activation date},14) Yield the same result: Provided (in case you missed one of these steps) I either type the Date (forcing the calc), or manually do an Edit > Recalculate Data Expressions, or (when creating the formula) by checking the Update Previous Calculations option. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 9
Hey @Doug Den Hoed - can you use this based off of another date field? I'm trying to use this ADDDAYS(Expiration Date,-60) but it won't take. Any suggestions?

Level 10
Looks correct to me Christina, I'd suggest you double check the parameter spelling, the steps, and the recalcs; and if still no joy, drop the ADDDAYS concept and ensure you can at least get that part going first (eg in case the parameter is Text vs Datetime), then reinstate the ADDDAYS portion. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore

Level 10

I'm bringing this up to the top because I have the exact same issue. I can't understand why it's not working. I am definitely using the correct fieldname. Is there something else in the calculated field I should be doing? Is there another way to ask for a custom date field that is 3 days earlier than another date field in the same form?

This is the calculated field, chose "date" as the format and I get an error "Custom Expression Invalid"

ADDDAYS(Video - first edit due date,-3)