Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Note Report: Task "Assignment Users ID" filter does not exist, only "Assigned To ID" filter

Level 2

I made a "note report" for "updates" on "tasks" assigned to the logged in user, but it had a bug and it took me forever to figure it out.

In a "note report", the only assignment filter available for tasks is "Assigned To ID". This works fine, unless the task is assigned to more than one person. If assigned to more than one person, the "Assigned To ID" filter only works for the primary assignee, not the other assignees. In other words, the non primary assignees do not see the "update" on the report.

This doesn't seem like it should be a huge lift, as the "Assignment Users ID" is available in other reports, like "task reports". But "task reports" are missing other filters that I need, so using a "task report" is not the answer either.

Would you please add the "Assignment Users ID" filter to the "note report" filters?

Alternatively, can somebody show me how, in text mode, to filter a "note report" for "updates" on "tasks" that are assigned to the logged in user, even if they are not the primary assignee?

Alternative 2, can somebody show me how, in text mode, to filter a "task report" (not note report) to include notes the logged in user was "tagged" on? I found how to do that on a "note report", but can't figure it out on a "task report".

Thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

hi, this isn't a bug, it's just the way things work in an object oriented space like Workfront. I encourage you to read up a bit on exists statements, here:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/workfront/using/reporting/reports/text-mode/create-comple...

The understanding that you're missing here, is that when more than one thing can be attributed to your object, there's a very specific way to call it. Some sample code that might suit your notes report is below.

EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=ASSGN
EXISTS:a:assignedToID=$$USER.ID
EXISTS:a:taskID=FIELD:taskID

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

hi, this isn't a bug, it's just the way things work in an object oriented space like Workfront. I encourage you to read up a bit on exists statements, here:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/workfront/using/reporting/reports/text-mode/create-comple...

The understanding that you're missing here, is that when more than one thing can be attributed to your object, there's a very specific way to call it. Some sample code that might suit your notes report is below.

EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=ASSGN
EXISTS:a:assignedToID=$$USER.ID
EXISTS:a:taskID=FIELD:taskID

Level 2

Worked like a charm, thank you. I'll take your advice and read up on exists statements, but I still don't understand why that code is necessary and isn't offered in the list of filters like in other reports

Community Advisor

That's a good question for the reporting class that Workfront offers, which I also highly recommend. The short answer in my mind is that if they offer every possible filter in the list of filters, it would quickly bog down the system:

* making that list display even more slowly than you can imagine

* making it even more difficult for new users to locate what they need

Just my guess.