Expand my Community achievements bar.

Need to be able to set a new text field in custom forms equal to the value of a Widget in custom forms

Level 3

I have below custom form which has the widget (Proj Status) which has the value of the Project Status Native field.  I am trying to setup the field Status Link to have the value.  The reason I need Status Link is I want to be able to display the folllowing 4 fields based upon the value of Proj Status.  Since Proj Status is a widget it does not appear in the drop down for selecting fields for display logic.  However, if I create another field that is a custom field (Status Link) I can make that appear in the display logic.  How do I get the value of Proj Status into the Status Link field.

BillPe_0-1724953163670.png

2 Replies

Level 4

If you want your custom field "Proj Status" it's {DE:Proj Status} (spaces matter) and if you want the native field for status it is {status}.

Level 3

Thank you for your reply.

I know the field names but they do not appear to be used when using logic to display other fields based upon those field names.  Nor am I able to use a calculated field because when I reference either field name in the expression it reports that it is not a valid field name.