Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Stop inherited permissions on documents for one projects issues

Level 3

I need the users to have access to the issue information, however not inherit permissions on all the documents that get uploaded to the issues within a specific project.

Is there a way to stop inheriting permissions on the documents that get uploaded to an issue? Without stopping in inherited permissions to the issue itself?

I also went back and selected all the documents, and changed the group I dont want to see them to "no access" but they still have access because of inherited permissions. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi there, if you're only wanting to remove document access/sharing for one specific project, it should work when you remove their access to each document in the issue/project - you are breaking the inherited permissions that way (be sure you're removing their access on documents but they'd still have access on the project).

If you're wanting to do this more globally, and this set of users is a lower license level, remember you can do this through access levels. In Setup > Access Levels, go to the license in question and select the checkbox towards the bottom about not automatically inheriting permissions. We use this for our Reviewer licenses - just note that when you DO want them to see docs, that means they need to be shared with those users for any document you intend for them to see (a habit some of our org has not gotten in).

MadalynD_0-1674684396886.png

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi there, if you're only wanting to remove document access/sharing for one specific project, it should work when you remove their access to each document in the issue/project - you are breaking the inherited permissions that way (be sure you're removing their access on documents but they'd still have access on the project).

If you're wanting to do this more globally, and this set of users is a lower license level, remember you can do this through access levels. In Setup > Access Levels, go to the license in question and select the checkbox towards the bottom about not automatically inheriting permissions. We use this for our Reviewer licenses - just note that when you DO want them to see docs, that means they need to be shared with those users for any document you intend for them to see (a habit some of our org has not gotten in).

MadalynD_0-1674684396886.png

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )