Expand my Community achievements bar.

Status/Minutes Using Workfront

Level 10
Anyone using workfront to take notes/status/minutes/action items during a department/team meeting? If so, how are you using it? thanks for sharing. Benetta Perry APS
12 Replies

Level 6
Hi Yes, we recently started using the Issue tab on Projects to add meeting actions as well as key decisions. We have two separate queues for each. I don't take down the minutes directly in WF though, I use OneNote. I have a OneNote setup for each project and share it with key stakeholders but after a meeting I add a link directly to the minutes in the update field. I add each action from the meeting, add a due date and assignee. Works like a charm!. We also log our lessons learned in a similar way with the addition of a custom form. Queues are fantastic. Laura Ray BAKKAVOR LTD

Level 10
hi Benetta @Corey Young gave a lovely session on the "Workfront-centered meeting" in 2016. He might have something to add here. I also still have his handouts from that session. We use a dashboard for our team meetings that shows status on all the work we're currently doing, as well as has an agenda report (each agenda item was submitted as an issue) with fields which we can update from the dashboard. -skye

Level 10
Would love to see those! :) Jamie Hill JLL Global

Level 9
Yes, we do use it this way. It is growing in popularity. Below is a blurb from a recent newsletter where we officially shared the functionality with everyone. To support this, we have Agenda Builder custom forms for Projects, Tasks and Issues; an Agenda Builder view; Meeting Agenda Reports for each object type and a Dashboard that pulls them all together. Base criteria for inclusion in the reports is a field called "add to meeting agenda" being marked YES. That field is set to default to yes on the custom forms, so really all staff has to do is pick the meeting they want. Reports have prompts to select meetings. Happy to answer any other questions about our process if you have them. Have a great weekend! Have you seen your teammates using Workfront to run their meetings? Heard rumors about this wizardry? Want to get in on it? With the new Agenda Builder functionality, you can! Here's how: 1. Email IS Workfront Support to have your meeting added to the drop down list. This only needs to be done once. 2. Add items to your agenda (Projects, Tasks or Issues) by: a. Change the View to "Agenda Builder". b. Select the meeting name(s) for each item you want on your agenda. You can pick more than one meeting for each. c. That's it! The "Date on Agenda" & "Agenda Order" fields are optional. The "On Agenda?" field will default to "Yes". 3. Remove items by changing the "On Agenda?" field to "No". 4. View your agenda with the Meeting Agenda Builder Dashboard. Using the Agenda 1. Run the Meeting Agenda Builder Dashboard. 2. Add Updates as each item is discussed by right-clicking on the item and choosing "Open Link in New Tab". This allows you to add notes without losing the filters on your Dashboard. Close the new tab when done. Repeat for each item. abcdabcdabcdabcdabcdabcd Alison Wells, MBA Senior Business Analyst Corporate Information Systems Business Systems Group Community Administrative Support Building (CASB) 2530 Divisadero St, Fresno, CA 93721 Office: (559) 459-7008, Internal: x57008 Cell/Pager: (559) 287-6800 - WARNING/CONFIDENTIAL: - This email, including attachments, may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law (including, but not limited to, protected health information). It is not intended for transmission to, or receipt by, any unauthorized persons. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you believe this email was sent to you in error, do not read it. Reply to the sender informing them of the error and then destroy all copies and attachments of the message from your system. Thank you. ------Original Message------ Anyone using workfront to take notes/status/minutes/action items during a department/team meeting? If so, how are you using it?  thanks for sharing. Benetta Perry APS

Level 3
Skye, I'd love to see those handouts, if you could share them in this discussion. Michelle Yard Insperity

Level 3
Hi all, I found the "Workfront-Centered Meeting" deck on another post so am attaching here. Ondina Sturges Everyday Health Inc

Level 10
Hello. Was there anything attached? Susan

Level 3
Yes, I can see it within my reply but I've had trouble locating attachments from other users. I'll send to you directly to make sure! Ondina Sturges Everyday Health Inc

Level 5
Allison, Any chance you could show the dashboard or report/custom form? I'm fascinated by this approach! tks Karen Karen Rutz Harvard Alumni Affairs and Development

Level 10
Awesome information - thanks to everyone - I will attempt to implement this for our team meetings. Benetta Perry APS

Level 9
Sure Karen, I'm happy to. Attached a document that gives you screen shots of the custom form, view, dashboard and sample report. Happy Thanksgiving! Alison Wells Community Medical Centers