Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Project Sharing with Entire Home Group

Level 2

Our customers submit requests (issues).  IT converts the issue to a project and makes the sponsor the person who requested it.

We have been using reports and dashboards for years to allow anyone in the same home group to see the requests from anyone else in the same home group.

I am noticing now that when the issue is converted to a project, the project is only shared with the sponsor, and not the entire home group, so our reports and dashboards no longer work.  I am not sure what was changed.

Any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi there, does IT use any project templates when they’re converting the request into a project? If so, you can have these templates already have the home group have project access when used (in the template’s sharing, you have template sharing and project sharing, choose project sharing). 

If you don’t use templates, you can share the project with the home group when creating the project from the request. Both of these options just share to the whole group, I’m not saying add each user individually who are a part of the group.

If this was helpful, please mark correct to help others

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi there, does IT use any project templates when they’re converting the request into a project? If so, you can have these templates already have the home group have project access when used (in the template’s sharing, you have template sharing and project sharing, choose project sharing). 

If you don’t use templates, you can share the project with the home group when creating the project from the request. Both of these options just share to the whole group, I’m not saying add each user individually who are a part of the group.

If this was helpful, please mark correct to help others

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )