Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Routing a request to a project indicated in a custom form

Level 3

Is it possible, when a user makes a request, they select the team and the project they want it to go to, and then have the routing rules set up to route the issue to the project that the user selects? Is there a better way to do that?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Lee,

Since the user knows to which Project their request pertains, if they have rights (i.e. License / Access Level / Sharing) to do so, I'd suggest you consider teaching them how to navigate to the Project in question and add an Issue (the Request) "beneath" that Project and assign it directly to the Team, negating the need for a routing rule.

Regards,

Doug

Level 3

Hi Doug,

That is my Plan C. The problem is that the projects change every few months and users want to go to one place to enter dependencies between project teams. Thanks for the feedback!

-Lee

Community Advisor

just have them select the project first, then the team.

You can do this by publishing the project as a request queue (this puts everything in one place) and then employ the rest of Doug’s solution.

Other ways to “keep everything in one place” (if you don’t want to publish each project) include having a report showing the list of available projects and a link to the request tab on each project.