Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Resource Availabilty Search missing hours

Level 2
Hi all - looking for some help here. We are trying to use the Resource Availability Search with logged hours but there are hours missing. here is an example: 1. we have a project that contains a parent task that has 2 subtasks. (Unfortunately they named them all the same so it is confusing) The project planned start and end date are 7/1/17 and 6/29/17, respectively. March Release - parent task : 1/18/2018 through 3/26/2018 March Release - child 1 - 1/18/2018 - 2/9/2018 March Release - child 2 - 1/18/2018 - 3/26/2018 2. When Luis did his timesheet, his actual hours posted to the parent task instead of the subtasks 3. when we run the Resource Availability Search and add task number to the right, we can see it is only showing the subtasks and not the parent task that contains his hours. So the question is - does the resource availabilty search only show subtasks if they exist? How can I get it to show the parent task? AND/OR why is the parent task showing on the timesheet? thanks in advance! Celeste [Celeste] [DiDio] [] [] [PwC] [Tampa] [Fl] [813-373-0748]
1 Reply

Level 10
Hi Celeste, Based on "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/216735948-Using-the-Resource-Grid#preferences-icon">this article , I suspect that the Summary Tasks you expected to see on the Resource Grid are falling through the cracks due to a technicality of some kind. In particular, each such Task must have: Planned Duration greater than 0. Planned Start Date and Planned Completion Dates different from one another. (If they are the same, the Planned Duration is 0). Planned Hours greater than 0. If those Summary Tasks meet all these rules, perhaps there is another in the article still in play; but otherwise, I'd then recommend you raise a ticket with Workfront. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads