Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Report for Project Hours planned vs. actual hours

Level 1

I am trying to run a report that shows quarter over quarter, how we are improving (or not) on forecasting hours on our projects (planned vs. actual). I tried to create a calculated column for the % difference in final billed hours vs. what we estimated, but I'm having trouble getting that to display on a chart. Anyone else have experience with creating this report?

Here's what I had for the calculated column for reference:

aggregator.displayformat=doubleAsPercentRounded
aggregator.name=% Actual to Planned
aggregator.valueexpression=ROUND(DIV({actualWorkRequired},{workRequired})*100,2)
aggregator.valueformat=val
displayname=% difference planned vs. actual
textmode=true
valueexpression=ROUND(DIV({actualWorkRequired},{workRequired})*100,2)
valueformat=HTML

1 Reply

Community Advisor

Hi, you're not getting it to display bc charts don't work with calculated expressions/text mode. What you can do instead is create a calculated custom form field that you put in a project form that exists on all projects (or at least those you want to track for this, and assumes your values to show a result are always present in your projects) so that the field is calculated on all projects, then you can use the custom field itself in a report to manipulate in groupings/chart/etc.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )