Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

API - document move action

Level 10
Move Field Name: move Arguments: objID (string) docObjCode (string) I'm trying to move a document to a different folder via API. I've assumed objID would be the data for folderID? What is docObjCode? Folder? This is what I've tried and it's not moving my document. https://instance.my.workfront.com/attask/api/v7.0/document/_documentidxxxxxxx_/move?objID=_folderIDd... Polly Co
2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Polly, In general, when I see ObjCode in the API, I think "Object Type", as in PROJ, TASK, HOUR, etc. So for your document move, I suspect that docObjCode means "to what Object Type" (e.g. PROJ) should this document move "under", so that (knowing that) Workfront knows in which column (e.g. ProjectID) it should expect to update the particular objID (e.g. the GUID of the Target Project...likely clearing out everything else about the Doc's former location). That said, you've probably also noticed that I didn't mention anything about Folders. Although I don't know the particular name, I suspect that is a different API call entirely, and might only be available in api-unsupported. Good hunting, if you decide to. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 10
yes, docObjCode -> I initially thought was typical objCode eg PROJ... hence I said it must be folders or DOCFDR. I then tested to move the documents to a different project with move?objID=xxxxprojectidxxxx&docObjCode=PROJ and it didn't seem to work but I finally realize that I should be on the PUT method. So moving to a different project works. I thought I was going somewhere with this so I tried again with my folder ID and DOCFDR / folders and put method. I tried a few variations of it and I couldn't make it work. I've now sent the question to helpdesk but I'm not sure I will get the correct answer or will get a cannot be done at this time. Polly Co