Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Reporting on Hours Removed from a project

Level 3

Is there a way to use journal entries to report on how many hours were removed from a project, when they were removed and who removed them?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

HI Terri - you can run a journal entry report and filter for the field name = hours and then change type = edit. Then you can see when users edit their hours. This will show increases and decreases to values.

KellieGardner_0-1712872192623.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

I think it depends? I can see from my journal entry report that it's picking up changes to logged time (so, actual hours) but not changes like if I change the planned hours on a task. 

Level 3

Are you using standard journal entry report?  If so which one?  If not, what fields/filters, etc. are you using on the report?

Community Advisor

I always test my journal reports in Preview Sandbox because there will be less noise in there. I start with a new journal entry report and my only filter is that the entry date is today. After this I will know that whatever comes up on my report is probably my work unless someone else is in the sandbox messing around.

After this, you can go into any project and start logging time. You'll notice everything you do will generate a new row on your report.

I don't use any text mode, because I can't really be bothered, so usually I throw all the fields available into the report and see which fields populate and with what data. Those are the ones I finally end up using, and through using those fields, I'm able to determine the type of filter I need.

For example, if the "field name" column of my test report populates with the word "hours" in it, I know I can add a filter for "field name" contains "hours" if I want to see more of those in production.

Level 3

Which field must be included on the report to capture this type of system generated entry

TerriWi_0-1712605576343.png

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

HI Terri - you can run a journal entry report and filter for the field name = hours and then change type = edit. Then you can see when users edit their hours. This will show increases and decreases to values.

KellieGardner_0-1712872192623.png