Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Project baseline report that shows specific baselines + the default baseline

Level 10

Hi WF Community,

I'm trying to produce a project baseline report that shows any baselines where the name contains "extended" in it.  In addition to showing these baselines, grouped by project, I also want to surface the Planned Completion Date for the baseline under each project that is marked as the default baseline.

Example:

Project A

1. Extended Baseline 1 - 1/4/2024
  2. Extended Baseline 2 - 2/14/2024
  3. Extended Baseline 3 - 3/2/2024
  4. Default Baseline - 12/14/2023

I don't have to show the Default Baseline as it's own row, I really just want the Planned Completion Date value from it so people can compare the Extended baselines to it.  I thought of adding a custom column to the report to show the Default Baseline's Planned Completion Date, but had no luck with this text mode:

displayname=Baseline 1
namekey=view.relatedcolumn
querysort=defaultBaseline:plannedCompletionDate
textmode=true
valuefield=defaultBaseline:plannedCompletionDate
valueformat=atDate
viewalias=defaultBaseline:plannedCompletionDate

I could create a custom field on the project level to house this value, but was trying to avoid creating a custom field.

Any ideas are welcomed.
Thanks,
Nick

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @NickVa1,

That is an interesting question.

The first thing that jumped to mind is our Multi Baseline Report solution, which lets you assess “Baseline Drift by tagging Tasks with custom icons then filtering for Projects, Tasks, and Baselines of interest.

As per the overview image below, one row comes back for each Project, with an additional row for each filtered baseline, and then to the right, a Gantt chart showing the tagged Icons (as determined by the current project's tasks, since Baselines do not natively store historic custom data...although our Baselineᐩ solution can do so...) over time -- that's the Drift concept. Happy to chat further at doug.denhoed@atappstore.com with those interested in more details.

Using some of those concepts but excluding the Gantt chart part, for your current requirement, I suggest you try this textmode in a column in your Baseline report, noting that for each Baseline, the trick is hop "up, then down" to the project:defaultBaseline:plannedCompletionDate to then have that date appear (and repeat):

valuefield=project:defaultBaseline:plannedCompletionDate
querysort=project:defaultBaseline:plannedCompletionDate
valueformat=atDate
displayname=Default Baseline Planned Completion Date
linkedname=project
namekeyargkey.0=project
namekeyargkey.1=defaultBaseline:plannedCompletionDate

Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore_0-1712845036230.png

Regards,

Doug

Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore_1-1712845252271.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @NickVa1,

That is an interesting question.

The first thing that jumped to mind is our Multi Baseline Report solution, which lets you assess “Baseline Drift by tagging Tasks with custom icons then filtering for Projects, Tasks, and Baselines of interest.

As per the overview image below, one row comes back for each Project, with an additional row for each filtered baseline, and then to the right, a Gantt chart showing the tagged Icons (as determined by the current project's tasks, since Baselines do not natively store historic custom data...although our Baselineᐩ solution can do so...) over time -- that's the Drift concept. Happy to chat further at doug.denhoed@atappstore.com with those interested in more details.

Using some of those concepts but excluding the Gantt chart part, for your current requirement, I suggest you try this textmode in a column in your Baseline report, noting that for each Baseline, the trick is hop "up, then down" to the project:defaultBaseline:plannedCompletionDate to then have that date appear (and repeat):

valuefield=project:defaultBaseline:plannedCompletionDate
querysort=project:defaultBaseline:plannedCompletionDate
valueformat=atDate
displayname=Default Baseline Planned Completion Date
linkedname=project
namekeyargkey.0=project
namekeyargkey.1=defaultBaseline:plannedCompletionDate

Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore_0-1712845036230.png

Regards,

Doug

Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore_1-1712845252271.png

Hi Doug!  Thanks as always.  The tip (up, then down) worked!
Your app looks great.  I'll put it in front of some people on my side...it's always a question of budget over here.