Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Report that pulls tasks on projects converted from issues by user

Level 1

We accept work through Issues submitted by users who only use Workfront to submit work, communicate about their work and review proofs. I would like to build a report that shows the planned dates for reviews of projects they submitted only. Keep in mind that these users are not assigned tasks in Workfront. I tried using a task report, but I am unable to filter by the user who submitted the converted issue, so the report shows every project that the user has access to, which is not useful. If I use a Project report, I am unable to filter by task name.

I need a solution that makes it easy for our Stakeholders to see a quick glance at the days they need to be prepared to review new materials without needing to review our entire task list. Has anyone discovered a solution that could solve this?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Assuming I'm understanding the question... You want a report that will show review tasks of projects that resolve an issue submitted by a specific user? 

You should be able to run a task report and filter it by Project Issue Originator with this text mode

project:convertedOpTaskOriginatorID=*input user id*
project:convertedOpTaskOriginatorID_Mod=in

you can use a wildcard as well so it will pull in details based on the user viewing the report $$USER.ID

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 6

I think you need to provide a bit more context as to where these reviews are stored or identified. If they are on tasks then you may wish to consider having a field on the project that is updated via Fusion

Community Advisor

I recommend you book time with a remote consultant.

There's are a number of fields on the project that all start with "converted" that would be helpful as one line of inquiry. For example -- convertedOpTaskOriginatorID (this would be the person that submitted the request) -- you could look into using this somehow in either a project or a task report.

I assume you're talking about task reports because there's a review task on the project, so a project report looking for projects with incomplete review tasks that are converted from issues submitted by a specific user, is not entirely out of the question.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Assuming I'm understanding the question... You want a report that will show review tasks of projects that resolve an issue submitted by a specific user? 

You should be able to run a task report and filter it by Project Issue Originator with this text mode

project:convertedOpTaskOriginatorID=*input user id*

you can use a wildcard as well so it will pull in details based on the user viewing the report $$USER.ID

Level 1

This solution seems to be on the right track - thank you! However, I can only get it to work when putting in a specific user ID. If I replace the user ID with $$USER.ID, the report displays no results. Do you have any ideas??

I'm using a task report, and this is the current code I have:

name=Stakeholder
name_Mod=cicontains
project:convertedOpTaskOriginatorID=$$USER.ID
project:status=CUR
project:status_Mod=in
status=CPL
status_Mod=notin

The intention is to show a list of Stakeholder Review Tasks that do not have a complete status (i.e are either in progress or upcoming/New) for requests (converted to projects) originally entered by the logged-in user.