Expand my Community achievements bar.

Report showing Layout Template Assignments and Usage

Level 4

Is there a way to run a report to see Layout Template use? I want to be able to see who is assigned to each layout template and if there are no assignments, I can delete it.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

there's an "Active User Audit" report in the "System Administrator Maintenance Dashboard" blueprint that you can install and use, that will give you that information.

Community Advisor

@JHulet the dashboard Skye is referring to is here: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-discussions/released-system-admin-mainten... 

But I think the layout template report will only show layout templates assigned to users, not unassigned layout templates…

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Community Advisor

I've never been able to successfully run a collection column on layout template reports to get this information. I typically run a report of users with their layout templates in a column and group by it. Then compare and contrast against the layout templates in the System to remove them.

Level 8

To see if a layout template is being assigned go into a specific layout template and clicking Assign this to. If there is no one listed, it's unusued. In the screenshot I attached you see that I'm the only user, job role, team, or group assigned to the layout template called Admin | Trainer.

However, if Layout Templates are assigned by job role, team, or group, I suspect it can become confusing to determine just how often one those "bulk" assignments is being applied. In my Users area, I have a Grouping for effectiveUITemplate name. Apply this and collapse the results to see a list of the layout templates that users see. Anything not there is unused. (I also use that effectiveUITemplate field as a column in one of my views.)