Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Report prompts: When specifying 'Between' values for dates, does Workfront include the specified dates in the data fetched?

Level 4

One of the report prompt options for a Date prompt is 'Between'. If, for instance, the user enters 10/01/20 and 10/31/20 as the start and end dates for the Between option, does Workfront include 10/1 and 10/31 in the resulting data set, or just the dates literally between those 2 dates?

I would assume it would be inclusive of the start and end dates, but don't want to assume ;-).

Thanks!

Carolyn

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Carolyn,

Yes, when using a between operator in a report filter or prompt, it does include start and end dates of your date range. However, please bear in mind that users have to input a time into that date range also.

0694X00000BzdZPQAZ.pngSo if a user configured a prompt to show all projects with a planned completion date of 10/31 with a time of 09:00AM, but there was a project in the system that had a planned completion date of 10/31 17:00PM this project would not show up in your report.

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 4

Thanks Richard! However, the prompt does not show a time parameter, only allows selection of a date. (See attached screenshot.)

Is there something I'm missing? Or perhaps since it's a different type of date (in this case Entry Date for timesheet data for the project, vs. the Planned Completion Date in your example), the system doesn't include a time prompt?

Community Advisor

Hi Carolyn,

It depends on what type of object / report you are building. For project entry date (using a project report) the time field is present in the filter / prompt selection. However for hour entry date (in a hour report), the time field is not present.

Eitherway, the start and end date of the date range you specify in your prompt will be included in your report results.

Best Regards,

Rich.