Expand my Community achievements bar.

Quick Tip: Recommended reports to review when deactivating users

Employee

While we wish it were not the case, users don't stay with a company forever. Configure a deactivated user dashboard so that you can transition users out and have minimum interruption to your workflows or data.

Consider adding the following reports, each with a prompt, so that you can easily select a user without editing the report filters each time:

• Open / Assigned Tasks
  • Reports they Own
  • Open / Assigned Issues
  • Dashboards they Own
  • Projects they Own
  • Programs they own
  • Portfolios they own
  • Templates they own
  • Calendars they own [Remember that a calendar report created by the deactivated user will need to be copied by an active user and then re-shared with the users, teams, groups, etc. with whom the original calendar was shared with.)

Using these reports you'll then be able to bulk reassign work or copy certain objects so that you (or another active user) are the new owner.

"Like" this post if you find it helpful!👍

To find all previous Quick Tips, go here and view the Discussions tab.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

10 Replies

Community Advisor

...template tasks they are assigned to, routing rules they are on, approval processes they are on...

Community Advisor

Hi Skye, I was actually trying to figure out today how to create a report that shows me a routing rule that is to a person that is deactivated. Couldn't figure it out with queue or queue topic report. Can you share what you're doing for this?

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 5

This is a great idea, love it!

Is there a way to configure the prompts so that we can search deactivated users? Currently it only allows me to search those who are active.

Employee

As of today, it's not possible to show deactivated users. Maybe this would be a good thing to share in the Innovation Lab?

Community Advisor

As a workaround, we just search on the user's GUID rather than their name.

Level 6

Hi Kyna,

I like this Dashboard! However, for the "Reports they Own" report, I'm unable to find a way to display report owner. I can't find this in a filter, nor in a column to add. If it's text reporting, would you please share the details?

Thank you!

Community Advisor

great call-out. The report's owner is simply the person who created the report. There's not a separate field for it. So you would just use "entered by"