Expand my Community achievements bar.

ProofHQ Emails Forwarded

Level 3
Hey WorkFronters! Currently I'm experiencing that when a ProofHQ email is forwarded to someone, even if they DON'T have a WF account, they can log into the proof, comment, and make decisions as if they were the original or intended recipient. This of course is a major issue should we be routing items with sensitive or proprietary information. Does anyone know how to turn this feature off? I'd prefer if someone was forwarded a ProofHQ email by accident and they click on the "Go To Proof" button, that they're forwarded to a "Access Not Granted" screen, or something other than allowing them access to view. Thanks! Chris Contreras
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor
I am not a Proof guru by any means but I did run into that very early on into our Proof usage. I believe the only way to turn that off is by checking the box that says the user must log in or something along those lines. Essentially what is happening is that the email is tied to the original recipient with a unique address so that all comments and actions are on that user's behalf. If that doesn't work, the only other option is to train users to not forward the email and instead use the link within the email (or Proof) for further sharing. Monique Evans Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.

Level 3
As Monique said, this is the native behavior of proof, in that the email is generated to a specific user, and that specific link is to that user's log in. We have had to train our users NOT to forward the email proof. You will also find that if the "forwarded user" makes comments or decisions on the Proof, the display will indicate that those changes and approvals were made by the original email recipient. I had to track this issue down, as we had this happen in our environment. I'm not sure if they can make it happen, but I might suggest you submit your idea "I'd prefer if someone was forwarded a ProofHQ email by accident and they click on the "Go To Proof" button, that they're forwarded to a "Access Not Granted" screen, or something other than allowing them access to view." in the Idea Exchange Debbie Scalf BCBST

Level 10
Hi - yep that is a danger as the Go To Proof button has a user token in the URL so that the recipient does not have to log in every time. You can try to use the User Must Log In box, but 1) that does mean every user has to log in for every proof, and 2) it might not work if you have the integrated version of Workfront and Proof as those are not the same log ins. For us, it was training thing. Instead of forwarding the email, there is a "Share This Link with Someone Else" that they need to click to send to someone. We were kind of lucky, when Workfront added the warning about "This is your unique proofing link" a year ago (In bold lettering! LOL!), our executive told our people that was the end of forwarding proof emails and that people would be held accountable if they continued to do that. Not gonna lie, that helped A LOT! Not sure if you have an executive who is willing to take that stand, but might help. ;) Anthony Imgrund FCB