Expand my Community achievements bar.

Forwarding update messages

Level 1

I have an employee that is a Project Owner who receives update messages often.  This employee will be out of the office for 3 weeks.  We are trying to figure out how to cover her in WF.  Is there a way to forward anything that comes in for her to someone else of if there is an out of office notice that can be sent like you can do in MS Outlook?

3 Replies

Level 8

That is not a native feature within WF yet, though it would be nice. We have a Note report that can be run by anyone and filtered to the person they want to watch, but that's manual at best. 

After that, your next option is Fusion. I have a module that reviews who is tagged on Update messages, bounces that off of Delegation records, and then auto-responds with the OOO message/dates and tags in their Delegatee.

Level 1

Could you share both options with me.  We do use Fusion but I've never set up a module in it.  

Community Advisor

You can use the delegation functionality in WF to have tasks reassigned to X person, but the kicker is it's only a 1:1, you can't specify for X tasks to go to one person and Y tasks to go to another.

Something else our users do is add the OOO dates to their name in their profile, so anytime someone goes to tag them in an update, it's right there with their name. Like 'Madalyn Destafney OOO 7.04-7.20'.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )