Expand my Community achievements bar.

Automating Emails for Due Date Changes and Project Risks in Workfront

Level 1

I am looking for some assistance with automating emails to project requestors. Specifically, we would like to:

1. Automatically notify the requestor when a project due date has been changed.
  2. Send emails to the requestor when a project is at risk or late.

We have explored the available options but haven’t been able to find a way to set this up. Could anyone provide guidance that could help us achieve these notifications? Any tips or resources for Fusion beginners would also be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

1 Reply

Level 3

HI Melanie, 

I believe you are looking at this with the correct perspective of using Fusion as a automated "watch dog." Without getting into specifics, since I am unaware of how your instance is set up, the basics of building a Fusions scenario would be the following. 

1) Create two separate scenarios; one to monitor Project Due Dates and one to monitor Project Condition (or similar field, if not using Condition). 

2) Start both with a Watch Event module looking at the target object and field. 

3) Create you scenario to determine what data to pull, what data to change (if necessary), and what action you need taken (email/notification).

4) You can create custom emails in Fusion to be sent with specific language. ie. "We are notifying you (the requestor) that the Due Date of you project has been changed...."

5) Once built, set your scenario as always on. Or if you are trying to keep the scenario runs down, set to run at a specific time (i.e. EOD, at Midnight, twice daily, etc.)

I'd suggest signing up for the Fusion Bootcamp. While it is basic information, it's a great start and intro to Fusion and the various modules you can use. Reach out to the community for Tips and Tricks. There may also be others who can give their time to walk through a couple scenarios they've built and share with you. 

I hope this helps. 

Best,

Joaquin