Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Proof Approval Report for Active (Current & Planning) Projects

Community Advisor

Working on yet another tricky Text Mode Report and hit a wall. We're creating a Proof Approval Report and want to only show Proofs where the project status is Current or Planning. I know this will need to use EXISTS but running into an issue because Proof Approval needs to connect with Document Version and then Doc Version connects to Document and then we can jump to Project. I've never done an EXISTS with two jumps. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

approverID=$$USER.ID

approverID_Mod=in

isAwaitingDecision=true

isAwaitingDecision_Mod=eq

Here's what doesn't work:

EXISTS:1:$$OBJCODE=DOCV

EXISTS:1:ID=FIELD:documentVersionID

EXISTS:1:FIELD:documentVersionID=FIELD:documentID

EXISTS:1:project:status=CUR PLN

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

14 Replies

Community Advisor

Hopefully we can get some help on this one @Shraddha Khedkar‚

Level 10

Hi Monique,

Unfortunately the Proof Approval is too far.

Originally, I had a compliance report that showed Completed Projects with Pending Proofs so that the PM would clean those up. BUT... I recently figured out how to filter a Document Version Report to not only show Current Projects, but also if the viewer was an approver. Not sure all the info you need but that code is

Object Type: DOCUMENT VERSION

EXISTS:1:$$OBJCODE=DOCU

EXISTS:1:ID=FIELD:documentID

EXISTS:1:project:status=CUR

EXISTS:1:project:status_Mod=in

EXISTS:2:$$OBJCODE=PRFAPL

EXISTS:2:approverID=$$USER.ID

EXISTS:2:documentVersionID=FIELD:ID

isCurrentVersion=true

isCurrentVersion_Mod=eq

proofDecision=pending

proofDecision_Mod=cieq

proofID_Mod=notblank

If you want to keep a proof approval report, here is the filter I used for the Document Version Compliance Report that showed pending proofs on Completed Projects.

Object Type: DOCUMENT VERSION

EXISTS:1:project:status=CPL

isCurrentVersion=true

isCurrentVersion_Mod=eq

proofDecision=pending

proofDecision_Mod=cieq

proofID_Mod=notblank

Level 5

@Anthony Imgrund‚ I used your code above to create a document report, showing proofs that are pending a decision on Completed projects:

Filters:

EXISTS:1:project:status=CPL

isCurrentVersion=true

isCurrentVersion_Mod=eq

proofDecision=pending

proofDecision_Mod=cieq

proofID_Mod=notblank

I used the report to clean up some old proofs on completed projects, but I'm left with 30 items that continue to show on the report with a Pending status (Document Version>>Proof Decision) I can't get the pending status to update, even though when I go into each individual proof it appears to that all decisions have been made.

Any idea what I might be missing? Or, if I can somehow force the proof decision to be approved?

Level 10

Hi - sorry for the delayed response.

First, just to confirm, you did a Document Version report right? Not a regular document one?

Second... I will say, there was an issue back in the day that they fixed but it wasn't retroactive. I believe it was April something 2019. So are the pending proofs from before that time? If so, there isn't anything that can be done but update the report so that entry date is greater than or equal to May 1, 2019.

If the two above are good, I would connect with Support. There have been some server issues the last few months and maybe there have been some issues with resyncing data between Proof and Workfront Proper.

Level 5

Hi @Anthony Imgrund‚

Sorry, I mis-spoke - it is a Document Version report.

Most of the pending proofs on this report are from July-December 2019, although I do have a few that were created in 2020 and one from 2021.

I will reach out to support about this issue. Thanks so much for your insight.

Community Advisor

We had an issue with our reports mid-last year and Support was able to run a one-time manual sync which cleared up a lot of the proofs listed incorrectly. After double-checking your report configuration, reach out to Support and they will be able to sync for you as well. That may prevent you from having to add the May 1 date clause.

Level 5

Thank you for that info. I did open a support case yesterday and they recommended I use a Proof Approval report, with similar filters and columns to see if the "Pending" Proofs accurately display or not. They said the Document Version report may not be providing accurate results to my Proofs as the reporting tool and Proofing tool don't communicate with each other 100%.

I like your resolution better, @Monique Evans‚! lol But seriously, I haven't had time to look into doing this with a proof approval report yet.

Community Advisor

When you do go to make the new report be sure to have the existing one open so you can copy and paste as much as possible. You could also switch to text mode copy what's there paste it in the new report and then switch back to regular mode.

Level 5

@Monique Evans‚, @Anthony Imgrund‚

I'm going to piggy back on this thread to see if you have any suggestions for what we are trying to get to.

We have a Proof Approval report, which is filtered to show the current version of the document, where the Approver ID is the current user, and the Proof Approval is awaiting decision:

isCurrentDocumentVersion=true

isCurrentDocumentVersion_Mod=eq

approverID=$$USER.ID

approverID_Mod=in

isAwaitingDecision=true

isAwaitingDecision_Mod=eq

The report shows the Document Name, Project Name, Project Priority and other columns (version, proof creator, proof creation date, etc.)

We would really like to include our Business Value that has been assigned to the project, which is a field in a custom form attached to the project, but understand we cannot do that as the Business Value is too far away.

Here's the question - Is there another way to accomplish this? For instance, could we get a report of Projects (project report) that has a proof that I need to approve, with the assigned Business Value shown?

Ideally we would like to order it by the project priority, and then the business value.

SHOWING the business value that is assigned to the project (with the proof that needs approved) is the most important aspect, though.

Community Advisor

Hi Cathy,

Unfortunately, I don't think that's possible. You cannot jump from "Proof Approval" to "Project" so that information would have to live on the document somehow. You might be able to achieve this by using a calculated custom form on the document that pulls from the project level.

Level 10

Hi Cathy - if you are looking to display information (and not filter on Business Value), you can get to Project info AS LONG AS you are uploading documents to the project directly and not to tasks or issues/requests in the project.

You will want something like this (although you will need the exact name of the custom field from your instance

displayname=Project Business Value

textmode=true

valuefield=DE:documentVersion:document:project:Business Value

valueformat=HTML

NOTE: The reason you can't get to it via documents upload on tasks and issues is that you need one more "hop" in the references and then it is too far.)

Level 5

Thank you, @Anthony Imgrund‚! That is great. The most important "ask" has been achieved with this.

Now to get greedy... I don't suppose we can sort by that Business Value?

Level 10

I would imagine it possible. You would want something like the below at the bottom

querysort=DE:documentVersion:document:project:Business Value

sortOrder=1

sortType=asc

Level 3

Hi Monique. I'm doing this same thing and curious where you ended up. Did you go with doc version report or did you settle on another route?