Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Project On Hold still showing in Workload Balancer but removed from My Work?

Level 3

Projects on Hold - whilst those tasks are being removed from "My Work" they're still showing in Workload Balancer. We had a scenario where:

-The PM wrote an update on the Project but the user assigned to a task didnt receive it (a separate issue)

-There aren't any notes at the Task level to show a Project is on Hold

-Workload Balancer shows the Task to be completed without the Project Status (I cant find a way to change settings/ views to remove projects on hold, except for using a filter which isn't a long term strategy; Scheduler removed visibility of Projects on Hold).

-This user seeing the work in Workload Balancer, completed the work but when they went to mark it as complete they recieved the error message that the Project was On Hold.

Whats best practice for Projects on Hold knowing that tasks still showup in Workload Balancer?

Is the best way to remove the assignee from the task to mark it blank? We dont currently use Job Roles (project underway), so this would leave the assignment blank

Move the dates out if appropriate?

Create a task Status as "Project On Hold" so that even in Workload Balancer/ Task level you see that the Project is on hold?

Thanks,

Nathan

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply