Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Possible to roll multiple superate projects into summary project?

Level 2

I have 5 projects for one brand being managed separately (different work streams, diff channels) and they will continue to be managed separately, however, my manager would like to have them all rollout up into one project for visibility, a "summary" type of project.  As changes occur on the 5 projects, the idea is that any changes would be reflected in the summary project as well. Is there a way to connect the 5 separate projects to have them roll up into a separate overall project? Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @keri13 - The easiest solution would be to place them into a program and then under the Projects tab of the Portfolio you could create a view to see the necessary information across the projects at a glance. If it needs to more robust than that, you could also do other reports to capture details across the program. Such as a task report that shows all the tasks across the program and status. Possibly have a prompt on the report to choose the program to have make it more versatile. Just some food for thought here!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @keri13 - The easiest solution would be to place them into a program and then under the Projects tab of the Portfolio you could create a view to see the necessary information across the projects at a glance. If it needs to more robust than that, you could also do other reports to capture details across the program. Such as a task report that shows all the tasks across the program and status. Possibly have a prompt on the report to choose the program to have make it more versatile. Just some food for thought here!

Level 2

Thanks so much Victoria! I was just thinking a report might be the solution but I'll try the program/porfolio approach as well. Much appreciated!