Expand my Community achievements bar.

Overdue Task Notification?

Level 10

We currently have a dashboard that lists a worker's assigned active tasks, and it also highlights overdue tasks as red.

However, many workers do not use the dashboard and cobble together their own methods to manage their tasks. These methods do not call-out in an active way what is overdue.

We have a twofold request:

TASKS:

1. Is there an email notification for workers that is "tasks assigned to me that are overdue"?
  2. Is there a similar notification for the planner that is "tasks I've assigned (have outstanding) that are overdue"?

If neither of the above, what do you/would you use as a workaround?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi Kevin - there are two ways. One is in setup and the system can turn it on for the whole instance. However it only has options for assignee, assignee's manager, or manager's manager.

There is also reminder notifications that can be setup in Setup, but then are attached to the object by the project owner. You have a little more options here but then the PM has to remember to attach it to all the tasks.

Here is a great article to help: https://one.workfront.com/s/article/Automatic-Reminders-vs-Reminder-Notifications-399254149

Level 2

Another option would be to create a Late Tasks Report and have the report send by email every day or by the cadence you wish. Set the report filter with the global $$USER.ID tag. When the worker clicks into the link from the email, it will show only his/her tasks that are late.