Expand my Community achievements bar.

Offset for Expense Planned Date

Level 1

When using Expense objects at the task level, the Expense Planned Date is based on the task's Planned Completion Date.  Is there a way to add in an offset from the task's planned completion date to the planned date for the expense?

In our projects the Task respresents the activity occuring; however, we do not realize the expense until ~1 Month later. This frequently resulsts in project expenses falling outside of the monwth/quarter, where the expense was originally planned.  Adding an offset between Task Planned Completion and Expense Planned date, is desireable to provide more definition on when project activities occur and when the expenses are realized. 

I would like to be able to make the Expense Planned Date = Task Planned Completion Date + 20days.  Is there  a way to make this adjustment at the project, or even the Task/Expense level? 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

HI Martin - There isn't a way to create offsets.

Could you just enter the planned expense date as Task Planned Completion Date + 20days instead of the date you are using currently?

Also not sure if using the planned vs actual date fields will give you what you are looking for?

Level 1

Hi Kellie,

I can enter the Planned Expense Date manually to account for the delay between incurring the expense, and when the invoice is received.  This would accomplish the goal of more accurately reflecting with the expense would land.

I was hoping that there would be a more automated fashion to populate this, and allow the Planned Expense Date to shift relative to any in-flight adjustments to the task planned completion date.  Digging in deeper the "Invoice Date" might techinically be the field I am looking for, if i can make it a calculated field.

Community Advisor

If you have Fusion this is something you could probably solve with it.