Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Keep issue connected to converted task, but leave status as completed

Level 9

Hello,

I know, that this is a bit past the path that Workfront had in mind, but would it be possible to keep an issue after conversion, but do not update it's status depending on the task status? Also, the reference to the corresponding object should be still visible and available without using an extra custom field.

For a specific workflow this would be really helpful as it is as follows:

A requestor fills out a custom form, which belongs to a queue. The request has the status NEW. Someone responsible checks the issue and sets the status to the custom status Approved which corresponds to the system status Closed.

This status triggers a Fusion scenario which converts the request to a task which gets the status NEW as well. As during conversion the option preserveIssue is set, both objects are connected ("This resolves" / "Resolving Task"). This leads to the fact, that the issue gets the status NEW again, what possibly can confuse the original requestor.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Regards

Lars

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Lars,

As I recall, if you edit the underlying three letter status values so fhat they are different (eg leave NEW for new Issues, but change NEW to NUW on Tasks), it will As Designed “break” the standard behavior of updating the Task’s status back to the Issue (for that New case; repeat as needed), as you desire.

Regards,

Doug

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Lars,

As I recall, if you edit the underlying three letter status values so fhat they are different (eg leave NEW for new Issues, but change NEW to NUW on Tasks), it will As Designed “break” the standard behavior of updating the Task’s status back to the Issue (for that New case; repeat as needed), as you desire.

Regards,

Doug

Community Advisor

As Doug mentions the native statuses are set to align by the keys to map to each other. However, if you make it so they have different keys then Workfront will still use the equates with as the default from the resolvable object. What you might want to look into is creating a custom status for each that maps new (for tasks) and closed (for issues).

I've never tested it but you could try to create a custom status for a task called "xyz" that equates with new and have the key be XYZ then create a custom issue/request status that is "XYZ" and have it equate with closed and the key be XYZ. Then maybe those would map to each other?

Another option - When the resolving object (task or project) is mark complete, it will close the issue/request as well. If the status of the resolving object goes back to new or in progress, the issue/request does NOT go back and will stay closed. Could be an option there to start a task in a complete status and then remark it as New if you are doing this all with an automation.