Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Need help figuring out a Calculated Field to combine custom field choices into one

Community Advisor

We have a field called Packaging Project Type and there are 4 options. 3 of the 4 options fall to a one main option. Sometimes we want to report out on the larger options and sometimes we want to report on the sub options. My thought was to have a calculated field that would see the 3 sub options and label them Non-New and the 4th option New would be labeled as New. And then we could report on that calc field as a grouping.

Example

Packaging Project Type

1. New
  2. Non-New
    1. CORRECTIONS
    2. DMOD
    3. PROMO

IF({Packaging Project Type}="CORRECTIONS",Non-New,IF({Packaging Project Type}="DMOD",Non-New,IF({Packaging Project Type}="PROMO",Non-New,IF({Packaging Project Type}="NEW",NEW))))

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I think you might need quotes around your Non-News and NEW. I'm looking at a calculated field in a report and I have that is simple and I have quotes over the wording

valueexpression=IF({status}="CUR","Yes","No")

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

I think you might need quotes around your Non-News and NEW. I'm looking at a calculated field in a report and I have that is simple and I have quotes over the wording

valueexpression=IF({status}="CUR","Yes","No")

Community Advisor

Thank you so much Anthony! I tried every combination of quotes, parentheses, and spaces but that one. I knew it had to be something small!