Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Need help figuring out a Calculated Field to combine custom field choices into one

Community Advisor

We have a field called Packaging Project Type and there are 4 options. 3 of the 4 options fall to a one main option. Sometimes we want to report out on the larger options and sometimes we want to report on the sub options. My thought was to have a calculated field that would see the 3 sub options and label them Non-New and the 4th option New would be labeled as New. And then we could report on that calc field as a grouping.

Example

Packaging Project Type

1. New
  2. Non-New
    1. CORRECTIONS
    2. DMOD
    3. PROMO

IF({Packaging Project Type}="CORRECTIONS",Non-New,IF({Packaging Project Type}="DMOD",Non-New,IF({Packaging Project Type}="PROMO",Non-New,IF({Packaging Project Type}="NEW",NEW))))

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I think you might need quotes around your Non-News and NEW. I'm looking at a calculated field in a report and I have that is simple and I have quotes over the wording

valueexpression=IF({status}="CUR","Yes","No")

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

I think you might need quotes around your Non-News and NEW. I'm looking at a calculated field in a report and I have that is simple and I have quotes over the wording

valueexpression=IF({status}="CUR","Yes","No")

Community Advisor

Thank you so much Anthony! I tried every combination of quotes, parentheses, and spaces but that one. I knew it had to be something small!