Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Misc Project Creation for Misc Tasks

Level 2

I've read thru multiple responses and even attempted to create a Project to be used by our Brand Team (Worker license) but they still do not have the ability to update tasks (unless they are assigned to it by me in advance), create their own tasks, add dates, add hours etc.  I've checked their license and I can not give them all an Admin access.  

Is there a way to  have a Misc. Project created for the team that will gather all the Misc. Work being completed on the same document?  Do I need to create a Project to be used as a template with a ton of random blank tasks assigned to them so they can see it and update it?   Do I need to create them each a separate Misc Project, but they won't be able to make any changes to it.   IDK

This would make no sense since they can't update any dates, hours etc.   The Work license also does not allow them to create their own projects.    

Everyone I have spoken with at WF has made this sound super simple however, I can't seem to get this done with a Work license.  Any guidance is greatly appreciated.  Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

ok - i found it by double clicking on the Task Name and then it opened up to show theSub Task option on the far left column.      Wow... thank you for talking me through all that.       Have a blessed day.   

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Community Advisor

Can you let us know what the sharing policy on your project is? [what does it say when you click on the More options (three circles next to your project name) and "Sharing"?]

Level 2

The Sharing when I add someone who is at the Work level is limited to only View and the Contribute to it and Manage it option.  The text that pops up says administrator has limited access to projects.   The Advanced setting are Add Docs, Add Requests and Share.   When I went to adjust the Project  access (I assumed it is at the license level) and it will not allow me to adjust it there.   Any help you can provide is appreciated. 

Community Advisor

sounds like you’re sharing with each user by name. Would you consider putting them all on a team and sharing with the team name instead?

Level 2

i can try that.  Will it allow them to update the tasks (name, start and finish dates, and owner?)

Level 2

OK - it did allow me to do all the things above.  But it won't allow me to Add Tasks to the Misc. Projects.  How can they do that?   Or do i need to create a Misc. Project with endless tasks for them to update?  

appreciate your help on this. 

Level 2

Hi Skyehansen 

did you see my question below?

Thanks

Community Advisor

hi, have you experimented with the functionality in a single task? For example, how would you feel about assigning each team member to their own task, and having them add sub-tasks to these tasks?

By the way, I did notice you marked the wrong response as "correct answer," so in the interest of not having future users confused, you might want to change that.

Level 2

I am not seeing where a "work" license user can add a task or add a sub-task to the project timeline even if I created a Main project task with their individual name.   Am I doing something wrong?   

i changed the "correct answer" back so there will be no confusion. 

Thanks

Community Advisor

Are you on the task landing page and logged in as the user? If you still cannot see it from there, just submit a helpdesk ticket and ask for help.

Correct answer by
Level 2

ok - i found it by double clicking on the Task Name and then it opened up to show theSub Task option on the far left column.      Wow... thank you for talking me through all that.       Have a blessed day.