Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

milestone name for parent task

Level 5

Is there a way to display, in a Task report, the milestone name for the task's parent task?

I've been playing around with Text Mode (and looking at the API Explorer) but can't seem to get my syntax right.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Ah... figured it out.  I saw that Parent > Milestone ID was an available field in the report, so I modified its Text Mode to the following:

displayname=
linkedname=parent
namekey=view.relatedcolumn
namekeyargkey.0=parent
namekeyargkey.1=milestone
namekeyargkey.2=name
querysort=parent:milestone:name
textmode=true
valuefield=parent:milestone:name
valueformat=HTML

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

can you mention what you've tried? Looking at the API explorer it feels like parent:milestone:name should have worked? (i.e. look up task, and look in the reference tab to see how to reference the parent, and then click on the parent link and look in the reference tab how to reference the milestone, then click on the milestone link and look in the reference tab to see how to reference the name of the milestone. Then string everything together using colons or periods/parens, depending on what kind of text mode you are building)

Level 5

I've tried both valuefield=parent:milestone:name and valueexpression={parent}.{milestone}.{name}, but neither gives a result.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Correct answer by
Level 5

Ah... figured it out.  I saw that Parent > Milestone ID was an available field in the report, so I modified its Text Mode to the following:

displayname=
linkedname=parent
namekey=view.relatedcolumn
namekeyargkey.0=parent
namekeyargkey.1=milestone
namekeyargkey.2=name
querysort=parent:milestone:name
textmode=true
valueformat=HTML

Community Advisor

great job! I'm curious about why your original text mode didn't work though. I literally trimmed my code down to two lines:

textmode=true

and even that worked. 

Level 5

That is weird.  I tried a fresh report, and your solution worked.  Maybe there was some artifact/glitch in my original report causing trouble.

Thanks!