Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!
SOLVED

Linking an Email Address to a Request Queue

Level 6

I've created a request queue project for a group of users. They would like for an additional email address to also receive the notifications when someone submits a request to the queue.

Is there a way to link the email address to the queue?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

My first recommendation would be to encourage an existing member of the group who will receive notifications anyway to setup a forwarding rule in their email client so whenever they receive the notification, it gets forwarded to the other email address at the same time. 

Alternatively, you could create a service account using the email address that needs to receive notifications, then add the service account to the workflow. This approach can become messy if you don't have good governance around the creation and usage of service accounts. 

If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

My first recommendation would be to encourage an existing member of the group who will receive notifications anyway to setup a forwarding rule in their email client so whenever they receive the notification, it gets forwarded to the other email address at the same time. 

Alternatively, you could create a service account using the email address that needs to receive notifications, then add the service account to the workflow. This approach can become messy if you don't have good governance around the creation and usage of service accounts. 

If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

Level 6

Thanks for the suggestions! I think I'll try to have them go with the forwarding rule route.

Community Advisor

We have such setup in our instance for one of our queues. We use Fusion for this (if that's an option for you). You can build a scenario that will send email notifications wherever you want when new request is raised in specific queue. Also you can customize emailing criteria almost infinitely.