Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!
SOLVED

Need Custom Form Request Open to People Outside of Marketing

Level 2

Our system was originally set up to facilitate marketing requests, and not to facilitate the needs of other departments (yet).

One of our Art Director managing a program here at my company, is interested in updating the current custom form in our system for her program. She would like anyone in the services and sales side of the house to submit this ticket into our system. However, those 350+ individuals are not in the system, and it could potentially be a large undertaking to coordinate with our IT department.

If we are unable to get this form to people outside of Marketing without uploading all the users into the system, then the Art Director is proposing we create an MS Forms that is submitted, then someone in our marketing department will have to enter it into Workfront.

We would rather not do that if possible. So I did some digging.

I noticed in our System Set up that we have the SSO option for Auto-Provision Users clicked as active. What does that mean, exactly? I looked it up, but still would like to discuss it further.

Here's Our Mapping Attributes Listed:

1. First Name
    2. Last Name
    3. Mobile Phone
    4. Phone Number
    5. Title

Here’s my set of questions:

1. Does that mean we can create a Custom Form available to anyone in our active directory at my company can access and submit without having a free reviewer license already set up in the system?
    1. We have somewhat high turnover in Sales/Services area and want anyone in our directory have access to this form.
    2. We had 350 presentations submitted since it’s conception. Almost all are unique visitors.
  2. If we designate that form visible by all, that should work without adding them manually into the system, correct?
  3. What about uploading the MS Form as a Kick Start? Could that also be used?
    1. Seems like a lot of manual labor for someone to update that form, I would think.

Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated. 

Thank You! Deborah

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Not to roadblock you but, there's a lot that isn't being said.

1) Are your folks actually OK with their custom form being updated? If not, please consider just copying the form and letting the art director have her own version.

2) What drives visibility in the system is a combination of the form being designated as visible to all (i.e. visible system wide) and the queue being designated as either visible to all or at least visible to the company. You can certainly have a queue visible to everyone and if the form isn't visible the requester will not see it to fill out. Conversely you can have a form that is visible system wide sitting in a queue that no one can see.

All this to say that if you spot enough difference between the art director's proposal and your current state of work, you can split it and have two ways of entry.

Next: your autoprovisioning. If you have it set up correctly, then anyone who doesn't have access to your Workfront will be able to SSO in (use the same credentials they use for SSO). If you give them a link to your request queue and they click on it, they'll be prompted to SSO in and a profile will be provisioned to them automatically. Just take one of the 150 users and ask them to be your guinea pig.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Not to roadblock you but, there's a lot that isn't being said.

1) Are your folks actually OK with their custom form being updated? If not, please consider just copying the form and letting the art director have her own version.

2) What drives visibility in the system is a combination of the form being designated as visible to all (i.e. visible system wide) and the queue being designated as either visible to all or at least visible to the company. You can certainly have a queue visible to everyone and if the form isn't visible the requester will not see it to fill out. Conversely you can have a form that is visible system wide sitting in a queue that no one can see.

All this to say that if you spot enough difference between the art director's proposal and your current state of work, you can split it and have two ways of entry.

Next: your autoprovisioning. If you have it set up correctly, then anyone who doesn't have access to your Workfront will be able to SSO in (use the same credentials they use for SSO). If you give them a link to your request queue and they click on it, they'll be prompted to SSO in and a profile will be provisioned to them automatically. Just take one of the 150 users and ask them to be your guinea pig.