Expand my Community achievements bar.

LEAP 2019 Sys Admin Breakfast Meet Ups

Level 6
Opening a new thread to help me track Sys Admins and Group Admins interested in connecting informally at breakfast during LEAP this year. This was a helpful way to connect and continue conversations beyond the Admin Networking session last year, and would love to set up it up again with anyone interested. Please post in this thread or DM me if you are interested in joining any of the breakfast meet-ups. Time-wise, this would be: May 7 7am - Chantilly Exhibit Hall May 8 7am - Chantilly Exhibit Hall May 9 7am - Trinity Exhibit Hall Very excited to see everyone in Dallas! Catherine Hayes The Channel Company
92 Replies

Level 10
Thank you for organizing. Unfortunately, I could not make the breakfasts but I've met a few of you. There's just so many things going all at once. Polly Co

Level 5
Catherine thanks so much for organizing. It was great to meet up each morning with you and the different sysadmins! Looking forward to next year already Tracy Fox Project Manager / Workfront SysAdmin Sykes Assistance Services Corporation

Level 7
I missed them all =( --- and never had breakfast either!!! I had so many questions going into this conference and only walked away with a few answers. I am hoping to get a few conversations going and ask for help with couple admin topics. looking for all the session decks now... Teg Tegwyn Stockdale Production Coordinator / PM BayCare Clearwater, Florida Baycare Health System, Inc.

Level 7
I'm afraid I was in the same boat. I have to take a cue from our LDS brothers and sisters and spend one night not drinking so I can easily attend a Sysop Breakfast. Next year, in Disney World! John O'Sullivan Bristol-Myers Squibb Company

Level 7
I was there at 7:00 am on Tuesday morning and I wasn't able to see any groups or obvious indicators for the sys admin meetup. I'm sure I met several of you through the other classes and networking sessions though. Richard Carlson Behr Process Corporation

Level 6
Hi @Richard Carlson sorry you couldn't find us on Tuesday. The food service staff directed us to the far end of the room so they could fill the area evenly as people came in for breakfast. We had the orange signs propped up on the table, but the room was so large, I can easily see how locating them would have been hard. It would be great to have the breakfast as a running thing at LEAP, but I agree it would be a good thing if it were easier for us all to find each other. Any suggestions or ideas? @Kyna Baker looping you in to the conversation as an FYI Catherine Hayes Manager, Business Analytics and Program Operations The Channel Company Westborough MA

Level 9
I really wanted to drop in for one of these sessions but always found myself either a)forgetting about them first thing in the morning or b)just too pressed for time. Here's an idea- have a few tables reserved for general topics like resourcing, proof, sys admins, etc. with signs so people can sit and chat/network with others interested in the topic over breakfast. Perhaps they could get one or two customers per table that are well-versed in the topic to sit and chime in. Anthony Pernice Healthcare Consultancy Group

Employee
It was great to meet so many of you! I will take down these ideas and see what we can do for next year. Thank you all for coming! Kyna Baker Customer Content and Community Manager Workfront

Level 6
Great idea! Catherine Hayes Manager, Business Analytics and Program Operations The Channel Company Westborough MA