Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe admin console and group administrators

Level 1

We've migrated to the Adobe Admin Console a few weeks ago. The Adobe Admin Console systems administrator is not from our team by virtue that their Adobe product was the first on the Adobe Admin Console and he has no responsibilities regarding Workfront nor is he a user on Workfront. When we got migrated, my co-Workfront systems administrators were made product administrators on the Adobe Admin Console.

Recently, a group administrator (not a product administrator on the Adobe Admin Console) added a user that now shows as defaulted to deactivated and requiring approval. When the group administrator contacted me about this issue, I was able to approve the user that he created. There was no notification whatsoever that say I needed to approve the user. While this is inefficient, my co-systems administrator and I concede that we can make this new "thing" work if we're notified so we can approve in a timely manner. I put in a ticket to get information on the notification only to be told that I would need to involve the Adobe Admin Console systems administrator who knows nothing about Workfront or processes on Workfront. They can't even tell answer me whether the Adobe Admin Console systems administrator was notified at all or who's notified of that pending request. Again, this Adobe Admin Console systems administrator does not have a Workfront account. I'm not sure how he'd approve such a thing or know when to approve or not. The odd thing is now my ticket is with a Tier 3 Adobe Admin Console Engineer who says he does not know what a Workfront group administrator is. I am very concerned with the disconnect. 

Anybody else who have the same issue and have a resolution? 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 3

I had the same issue and reached out to support . The answer I received was this: Adobe looked into the issue and found that only 11% of usr groups had group admins adding new users so the loss of their ability to add new users without needing approval was not viewed as important enough to change how they have it set-up with the Admin Console.

It is true that Workfront full Admins can add new users without needing the approval.

It does seem amazingly short-sighted to not have any kind of notification go out to either the  Workfront Admin or the Adobe Console Admin. But I guess that is Adobe's new goal with Workfront, just frustrate the users.

Level 1

SMH. Thanks for the reply and knowing what your take was on the issue. I've been having bad luck with Workfront support recently with lack of "actual support" and having to spoon feed details that I thought maybe I'm just having untrained CSR helping me.

Workfront pushed so hard on the group administrators and then pushing hard as well to migrate to Adobe Admin Console. A lot of things that were doing well enough before have now become so inefficient! The Adobe Admin console migration just caused more issues.

Level 2

I believe you can have a separate admin console for Workfront, just like what we have in our organization. At first, we already had an existing admin console in our organization that managed our Adobe products, such as PS, InDesign, Acrobat, etc. We wanted to separate Workfront from these applications so that we could manage Workfront independently. I know Adobe can find ways to connect to the Adobe admin console with separate rights from different administrators for your other Adobe products and Workfront. I hope I'm clear with my explanation.