Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is there a way to sum up the expected Scheduled Hours in a Timeframe?

Level 2
Is there a way to sum up the expected Scheduled Hours in a Timeframe?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 5
Look at Resource Planning under people. This is a major push for improvement is the next few months. Melinda Layten mlayten@gmail.com Independent Workfront Consultant

Level 2
This might help me if I could grab the Expected Hours from here and use them in a Timesheet Report. This view only shows Project Hours. What we are trying to see is how Total Hours from the Timesheet compares to the scheduled hours shown here. Do you have the calcuation that give the higher value?

Level 5
Now by expected hours do you mean FTE*40 hours week? Or basically your staff? Preplanned hours going into next week? Or some other calculation? Note that Issues are not considered to have planned hours as this is defined as unscheduled work that has arisen. So your project/task time + overhead time should be your total planned time. So define your goals to get a better answer :) Melinda Layten mlayten@gmail.com Independent Workfront Consultant

Level 2
No, by scheduled hours, I mean the number of hours set for each person in the 'My Settings > Resource Planning > Schedules' section of the profile for our staff. I do believe that the 'People > Resource Planning > Planned Hours View > Total Planned Hours Column > denominator in the data' that you directed me to shows the ' My Settings > Resource Planning > Schedules' "expected hours." A colloquial definition for us is 'the number of hours an Associate is expected to work'. Your note around issues is understood. I keep trying to define it well. We will get there.

Level 10
I am having trouble getting Workfront to sum - my hours - look at the column heading - those hours are not Sums. I also need to know why the actual hours are all 0's. I have recalculated the timeline and finances on all of my projects. I can dump this into excel and just sum it - but I want to do it using workfront - do you have a solution?