Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Is there a 'TextToColumns' method in WF?

Level 9

I'd like to split out a project name:

000000-ABC-Project Name

So that I'm only getting the Project Name portion?

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I got a tip from @Skye Hansen‚ that might help you. Skye suggested doing a count using LEN( and then subtract the number of characters in the job number, providing it's consistent, and display the rest. Something like RIGHT(Name,(LEN(Name)-11) . That's if there are 11 characters in the job number.

If you had a consistent character in the job number, you could use another method I got from @Teale McCleaf‚.

That is to use the special character as a delimiter like in an email address. LEFT({emailAddr},SEARCH("@",{emailAddr})). this pulls the LDAP name of the user separate from the domain name.

Hope this helps.

credit given where credit is due

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

I got a tip from @Skye Hansen‚ that might help you. Skye suggested doing a count using LEN( and then subtract the number of characters in the job number, providing it's consistent, and display the rest. Something like RIGHT(Name,(LEN(Name)-11) . That's if there are 11 characters in the job number.

If you had a consistent character in the job number, you could use another method I got from @Teale McCleaf‚.

That is to use the special character as a delimiter like in an email address. LEFT({emailAddr},SEARCH("@",{emailAddr})). this pulls the LDAP name of the user separate from the domain name.

Hope this helps.

credit given where credit is due