Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!
SOLVED

Is there a date field that shows when a task becomes active?

Level 4

Hi All,

I'm trying to see if there is a native field that displays the date a task becomes active?  Actual, and projected date fields aren't giving me that date.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you are looking to see when a task became ready to work on based on predecessors you could use Hand Off Date.

The Handoff Date is the date that a task becomes available for work. This typically means that its predecessors have resolved and the assignee of the task can start working on it.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi, help me clarify what exactly you're looking for:
- Are you looking to see the date the assignee commits to the task/hits work on it and therefore changing the progress to In Progress? If so, that is something you can include in your updates feed on a task...If you're looking for a detailed report on task status changes like this, I recommend a journal entry report.

- Are you looking to see the entry/creation date of the task, if so, that is the 'task entry' date in task report.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 4

Hi Madalyn, I've created a custom report that tracks dates (actual start - projected/actual completion) of tasks within a project horizontally.  It works really well and updates the subsequent tasks in each column based on the change in dates of its predecessors, however when I've run test it doesn't capture the dead time (it doesn't show the date a task has become active, just when someone changes the status or adds time to it).  So say if a previous task is completed on 3/13 but the next task isn't touched by a team member until 3/16, there are three days unaccounted for in the report. It should say 3/13 - 3/17, not 3/16 - 3/17.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you are looking to see when a task became ready to work on based on predecessors you could use Hand Off Date.

The Handoff Date is the date that a task becomes available for work. This typically means that its predecessors have resolved and the assignee of the task can start working on it.

Level 4

Is that an actual field in WF?  Never heard of it before.

Community Advisor

Yes, you should be able to access it in a view or a report.