Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Is it possible to email all Workfront Users at my company, through the Workfront interface?

Level 2
Is it possible to email all Workfront Users at my company, through the Workfront interface?
7 Replies

Level 9
I believe if you tag them using their name (like this: @Jolene Casey) they will get an email alert with the message you tagged them in. -Nate Bagley --- Workfront Community Manager - Work Smart, Work Happy Message me directly at:

Level 10
Hi Jolene, There are a couple of ways I can think of to use Workfront to email all users. The first (older) way is to go under People > People, bulk select the users of interest, then hit the [Update] button -- those whose preferences are set to receive updates as an email will get one; but as insurance, everyone also gets a "comment indicator" in the top right of their screen. The other (newer) way is to use the Announcement feature, which Workfront added for this purpose a couple of years ago. Here's a help article that explains how it works. I don't actually use either much, myself, but the latter strikes me as a good idea, so I'd be interested in hearing some testimonials from anyone who's had success with it (including you, if you decide to). Regards, Doug

Level 4

Hi Jolene,

You can use the announcement feature in Workfront. It defaults to everyone in the Workfront environment, but it can be catered to certain groups, teams, etc.

Andrew Beard

Sr. Associate, LeapPoint

"mailto:

abeard@leappoint.com" abeard@leappoint.com

203-232-40900690z000007ZiZvAAK.png

Level 10
Hi Doug, I use the Announcement feature quite often (especially when there is a planned outage). The main issue is that some people have switched off their email notifications, so it relies on them seeing the announcement in Workfront. And that's not a given! I think that's really our issue though (to change user behaviour)....I don't see a need to be able to specifically email all users, because Workfront is really designed to reduce the usage of email - not generate more of it. Regards, David

Level 10
Hi: We stopped using the Announcement feature because it only puts a certain number of characters in the email message. That forces everyone to click through the link to read the full message. People don’t do that consistently here, they want to read a message and be done, not start clicking a bunch of things to read a message. If WorkFront put the entire message in the email that goes out, we’d use it. Until then, not so much. Thanks, Eric

Level 10
Eric I wish you would have posted this yesterday. I just sent an announcement that included a URL and it got truncated. I have no less than 25 emails this morning saying the link is broken! Very frustrating!!! Michael Lebowitz Marketing Analyst Michael.Lebowitz@guidewellconnect.com< T 904-436-4240 | M 904-200-1364 Fax 904-565-6156 4800 Deerwood Campus Pkwy DCC 800-4-272 Jacksonville, FL 32246