Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is anyone utilizing the resource planner to allocate resources across their portfolio? If so, are you able to compile a report showing allocations by resource pool?

Level 1

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Employee

Hi Julie,

I'm not an expert on the resource planner, but I took your question to people smarter than me, and they said:

"In theory, you could add a filter for every resource pool in order to see the allocations. You would then need to either open a new tab for each pool or export each individual one."

Maybe @Anthony Imgrund‚ has some unique ideas for how you might manage this?

Thanks,

Kyna

Level 10

Hi Julie - I'll admit back at my agency, we didn't really do hours by portfolios. And if we did, it was usually just looking at one portfolio to see something in particular. We tended to look at resourcing via teams to see if there was enough work or resources (which the resource planner is great at as you can use the bar chart feature to easily see if your team has too much work a certain week, month, or quarter).

Do you use the Resource Estimate area of the Business Case? If so, maybe there is something we can do with the Budgeted Hours object type.