Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Introduce Yourself - New!

Employee

Hey everyone!

My name is Kyna Baker and I'm the new Community Manager here at Workfront. I'm starting a new Introduce Yourself thread to bring this to the front of the community again, and to give anyone a chance who has already introduced themselves - but has had a role change or interests change to re-introduce themselves!

My job is to support you, answer your questions, facilitate conversations, help you get to know the Workfront software better, and make this community a cool place for you to visit regularly. I'm really excited to get to know you all personally.

I'd love it if you'd upload a profile picture of yourself and then introduce yourself briefly in the comments below by answering one or all of these questions:

How do you use Workfront?

What would make this community amazing for you?

How much time do you spend using Workfront on a daily basis?

What are you passionate about (other than work)?

What's your favorite joke?

Here's a little about me: I love connecting with people and staying connected. I love to bake and I love to read for an escape- my favorites are fantasy novels - so if you have a suggestion, I'd love to hear it. I know the team here cares about you a lot. If you haven't met us, hopefully you're coming to Leap soon to do some in person networking.

Ok, your turn! Upload that profile picture , and/or introduce yourself! If you don't have a profile picture uploaded, it's super easy!

I'm excited to see all your happy smiling faces on the site!

Kyna Baker

Customer Content and Community Manager Workfront

68 Replies

Level 1
Greetings Team, I am excited to join the Workfront Community and learn from everyone within. We are new to Workfront, AMHCU is going through the implementation phase now. One of my more immediate things I would like to gleam from the community is how you implemented Workfront in your culture, specifically for those that did not previously have a structured PMO. I would like to learn the hiccups you experienced and how you drove adoption of it. I am passionate about helping people and living life to the fullest; work hard, play harder! Have a Great Day on Purpose!! Fawn Martin AVP Project Management American Heritage Credit Union

Level 1
Hi Workfront I am an Engineering Project Manager working specifically with R&D projects (electrical/mechanical), creating solutions/machinery for the automotive sector. Projects started as waterfall, now working agile (kanban and scrum teams). How do you use Workfront? project managing engineering projects What would make this community amazing for you? not too sure? How much time do you spend using Workfront on a daily basis? 5 out of 8 hours per day, but seems like 8 out of 8 What are you passionate about (other than work)? I row (skulling) What's your favorite joke? rather not say, actually, I do not have one, i know how boring... Michael Laing Atlas Copco Drilling Solutions LLC

Level 1
Hello WF Community! I work at Solution Tree in Bloomington, Indiana as the marketing operations manager for the marketing team. We've been using Workfront as a team for just over 2 years, though our team has grown and we have many new members, making it feel like we've just begun the implementation journey together. How do you use Workfront? We use Workfront as our primary project management and collaboration tool for all projects (no matter how big or small) in the marketing department. We're working as team to make this our primary system of record as well. What would make this community amazing for you? I'm just now getting to know the community. So far, it's great to read and hear from others that are working toward similar goals and solutions in their user groups. How much time do you spend using Workfront on a daily basis? From the time I arrive to the office until the time that I leave (and sometimes more), I am connected to Workfront. 5-10 hours per day. What are you passionate about (other than work)? I love to bake cookies, hunt morels, and paint/draw. What's your favorite joke? Hmm... I don't really have a favorite joke. I love listening when other people tell jokes, but I'm not great with recalling or retelling jokes. Happy to be part of this community and connect with like-minded individuals. Have a great day! Lauren Allen Marketing Operations Manager 800.733.6786 ext. 204 Solution Tree 555 North Morton Street Bloomington, Indiana 47404

Level 4
Welcome Kyna, Introducing myself... My name is Jaclyn Reiter. I am a Program Manager at Equifax. Within Equifax, I am the Workfront Product Owner. We started our Workfront journey in 2015 and have been steadily expanding and maturing. I implement Workfront strategically for new teams, I support Workfront, I define our Workfront strategy (or help leadership define it) and I created and lead our internal Workfront Support Network. We are called Workfront NATION. It consists of Workfront Champions who want to learn and get the most out of the tool. It has been in existence for almost a year and is going strong. We're also hiring a dedicated Workfront Champion role (System Administrator)...hint, hint. I have two young children. My little boy is 2 (almost 3) and my little girl is 7. Kyna, I can't offer you any suggestions on books unless you want to switch your genre from fantasy to children's books. But, hey, unicorns are considered fantasy, right? (just don't tell my daughter. she is making a solid case that they are in fact real). How do you use Workfront? Workfront is our Operational System of Record What would make this community amazing for you? Help recruiting for a Workfront specific role. It's really hard to recruit a Workfront guru y'all. It's like trying to find a unicorn! Suggestions appreciated!!!! How much time do you spend using Workfront on a daily basis? It has become more than a full time job. There aren't enough hours in my day to get everything done that I need to regarding Workfront. So...8 to 10 hours per day using Workfront, each and every day. What are you passionate about (other than work)? Passionate about being a mom. I love, love, love my kids. They are great little humans. I like being around them and spending time with them. We're into gymnastics and youth theater. What's your favorite joke? Such a simple question, yet so hard to answer. Is there a favorite? Hmm... I definitely got a great laugh from the Cat Herders video. If you haven't seen it, or if you don't know what I'm talking about...you should definitely check it out: "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTwJzTsb2QQ" title="Herding Cats"> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTwJzTsb2QQ . Or just watch it again if you need to crack a smile today. :) I look forward to meeting you, some of you or all of you, at LEAP. Have a fantastic day! Jaclyn Jaclyn Reiter, PMP, SA Project Manager, Strategic Initiatives Equifax, Inc. St. Louis, MO 314-684-2693

Level 2
Hello! I am Ryan Danger Sims (yes, Danger is actually my middle name). I am a Comedy Writer and Post-production Coordinator, currently working at a production company called COTU Media. How do you use Workfront? Mainly on the computer. What would make this community amazing for you? Free beer? How much time do you spend using Workfront on a daily basis? Much more than a little, a bit less than a lot. What are you passionate about (other than work)? Lots of stuff! What's your favorite joke? That one where a guy walks into a bar. If you want more accurate (although probably less entertaining) information about me and how I use Workfront, check out my Workfront Community bio page. I am looking forward to meeting you all in person at the upcoming LEAP conference! Ryan Danger Sims https://ryandangersims.com

Level 2
Also, I'd like to hear Kyna's favorite joke! Ryan Danger Sims COTU

Level 4
I definitely expect a joke from the comedy writer! Jaclyn Reiter, PMP, SA Program Manager, Strategic Initiatives Equifax, Inc. St. Louis, MO 314-684-2693

Level 2
Okay, I will tell you my favorite joke, but you should know it is EXTREMELY offensive: Just kidding! I have lots of favorite jokes. Let's see, here's one by the late great Mitch Hedberg: " I saw this wino who was eating grapes. It's like, "Dude, you have to wait." Ryan Danger Sims "https://ryandangersims.com">https://ryandangersims.com

Level 7
Hi everyone, I am a Project Manager / Workfront Product Owner with Esri (Environmental Systems Research Institute). I used Workfront for a few years in a previous position, but since I recently had a job change, I'd like to introduce myself again. How do you use Workfront? - I am a System Administrator and part of Esri Marketing. Esri Marketing currently uses Workfront to manage all work requested of our business unit. What would make this community amazing for you? More active meetups for our local user group. How much time do you spend using Workfront on a daily basis? About 8-10 hours every working day. Sometimes a few hours on the weekends. So, a lot! :) What are you passionate about (other than work)? Hiking! What's your favorite joke? A practical joke. Looking forward to getting to know everyone! Linnie Ciepielowski Esri

Level 2
Hello All, We are just into our second year with Workfront and looking forward to learning Next Phase strategies and hopefully becoming a reporting Ninja. Today on Facebook I was taken back to a post I made about last years Leap and was reminded of how I described Workfront and Leap to my non-technical friends. "The Workfront Leap conference is where we go to hone our skills of providing structure and constraint, so that people can have flexibility and choice" Look forward to seeing/meeting you. Dave Dave Koch

Level 4
Hi, my name is Rick MacDuffie and I am a Lead Business Analyst at Symetra responsible for managing our Workfront instance. We utilize workfront to shepherd marketing, marketing operations and brand management projects through product lifecyles. I joined Symetra in November 2018 without any previous experience with Workfront. I've been studying / reading / watching as many topics as I can possibly digest. How do you use Workfront? Project management and moderate request fulfillment functions. What would make this community amazing for you? I've found it pretty useful so far. How much time do you spend using Workfront on a daily basis? All day, e'ry day! What are you passionate about (other than work)? My work week doesn't end on Friday. I own and operate a BBQ food truck / catering business. When I get time off I enjoy backpacking and hammock camping in the Alpine Lakes Wilderness. What's your favorite joke? Any joke that embarrasses my 17 year old daughter is pure gold. #dadjokes Rick MacDuffie Symetra Life Insurance Company

Level 5

Hi! I work at Robert Half, on the corporate Marketing Operations team. We've been using Workfront since 2017, and are in the process of re-configuring and simplifying our forms, intake..well, everything. When our consultant told us "in 6 months, you'll be using the toll completely differently" he was right. How do you use Workfront? Workfront is our "source of truth" and system of record for all Marketing work efforts. It is our primary project management and collaboration tool cross-functionally. We especially like the ability it has given us to stop sending proofs via email as large PDFs. What would make this community amazing for you? It's great! I wish I had more time to peruse all the threads as I'm interested in EVERYTHING. I like that it is a way to see what others are doing in the tool and share fixes and thoughts between users. One thing I wish: I wish there was an official LinkedIn "workfront" skill that was recognized. Or even a Workfront certification that was recognized broadly when someone has completed integrations etc. How much time do you spend using Workfront on a daily basis? I would say 80% of my time is spent using Workfront directly, or developing training, support and troubleshooting for others. What are you passionate about (other than work)? I'm a corgi lover, amateur baker (visit www.cakeooh.com for some of my creations!) and I love to garden or sit by the pool relaxing in the sun. What's your favorite joke? This meme sticks in my head...totally stupid but I laugh every time...If you say "beer can" with a British accent, you're also saying "bacon" with a Jamaican accent. Hope to see you all at LEAP! Jennifer Ching Robert Half International Inc.0690z000007ZhbRAAS.jpg

Level 1
Hey ya'll, My name is Samantha. I'm an intern on the customer advocacy team at Workfront! I met some of you at Leap, but am so excited to get to know more of you through the community. I'll do my best to help where I can on the existing community and contribute to the upcoming Community 2.0 so we can all connect and help each other use Workfront in the best way possible! A bit about me: I'm a student at Brigham Young University-Idaho studying communications right now and love it. I love trying new foods and documenting the experience! Check it out @thegirlwhocanfood on Instagram. If there's anyone in the Utah/Idaho area who has a favorite restaurant let me know! As for my favorite joke: What do you call a three-humped camel? Pregnant! Have a great day everyone! Samantha Johnson Workfront

Level 2
My name is Ken Layng. I am the Associate Director for the Penn State Alumni Association. In that capacity, I am responsible for spinning up project and portfolio management in support of the world's largest alumni association. How do you use Workfront? Historically (prior role) I used the tool on a daily basis to manage multiple projects across a distributed IT organization at Penn State. I am currently in the process of gathering requirements for the ultimate implementation for a new position in an environment where there has been little to no project management in the past. I am hoping to use it effectively for Portfolio Management, Resource Mgmt and Planning, Capacity / Demand Mgmt, etc... you know... the works! What would make this community amazing for you? Timely and knowledgeable answers to the questions that I have. Tools and tips for an awesome implementation. Sharing of reports and dashboards, and the criteria used to create them. Pointers on getting good at resource and capacity planning and management. How much time do you spend using Workfront on a daily basis? Presently, very little. In the future, I'd like to see us living in it. What are you passionate about (other than work)? Music. I am a guitar player and bass player. I have played in many working bands through the years, including a Woodstock-style band, a Grateful Dead cover band, a Beatles/50s band and Prog Rock band. I also enjoy discussions of truth-claims around history, philosophy, politics, and apologetics. What's your favorite joke? So this baby seal walks into a club... Or - anything in the pun category; Most of the lines from "This is Spinal Tap", Blazing Saddles, Idiocracy, Office Space, or Monty Python. Ken Layng Penn State Office of the Physical Plant

Level 5
Hi, I am the Workfront system administrator for Empower Retirement/Great West. We are in the process of transitioning away from Workgroups DaVinci and setting up Workfront. How do you use Workfront? We will be using it to allow requestors from throughout the organization to request creative and delivery work from our internal agency and RFP teams. What would make this community amazing for you? I'm hoping to be able to find best practices and solutions to our challenges. How much time do you spend using Workfront on a daily basis? Right now it is up to 15 hours a day. I'm hoping that drops down to about 4 when we get it up and running. What are you passionate about (other than work)? Buffy, Veronica Mars, the MCU and knitting and crocheting. Favorite joke? The fact that the joke from The Breakfast Club doesn't have an end. Kristine Ross Great West Life & Annuity Insurance Company

Level 7
Hello all! My name is Katherine Stibley and I'm the Workfront Product Owner for DMD Marketing. We are currently mid-way through our implementation phase, looking forward to learning from everyone here and a successful launch. How do you use Workfront? Workfront will be our backbone project management tool that will function for our entire organization, and I have hopes of expanding it further into general business process management needs as time goes on. What would make this community amazing for you? If everyone would tell me one thing they wished they'd known during their initial implementation. How much time do you spend using Workfront on a daily basis? As we're currently implementing, I spent about 2/3rd of my day working on things in Workfront. Post-launch I will be the admin for WF balanced with several other systems so hopefully not quite as much. What are you passionate about (other than work)? I love to race obstacle course races, bake and play video games. What's your favorite joke? Standing on top of a hill, we find a group of bulls and cows. Suddenly, there is an earthquake and all the cows lose their balance and roll to the bottom of the hill. They stand up and look indignantly up the hill to where all the bulls are calmly still standing. Marching up the hill, they demand to know why all the cows fell and all the bulls stayed standing. One of the bulls calmly replies: 'We bulls wobble, but we don't fall down.' Looking forward to getting to know everyone, Katherine Katherine Stibley DMD Marketing Corp.

Level 5
I too wish for a Workfront certification option and noted skill within LinkedIn. Tammie Bouchard National Safety Council

Level 4
Hi all! My name is Rochelle Webb. I am a new Workfront user and system administrator. I enjoyed the LEAP conference in Dallas and I am looking forward to picking up best practices from this community. The features I like best about Workfront are too many to name :). I love the dashboards, reporting, and overall project management capabilities of the system. I look forward to making contacts within the community. Feel free to reach out or send me a contact request. Rochelle L. Webb, DM Rochelle Webb MHMR PMO

Level 3
Hello, My name is Mark Evans and I work at LifeNet Health in VA Beach, VA. I'm a Senior Engineer in Product Development mainly focusing on product/process development of allografts which are implanted for spinal fusion. How do you use Workfront? We are in the early stages of launch and really only two of the 4 franchises in our department are using it as an alpha test to gauge the effectiveness. We are looking to convert our project management from MS Project over to WF. What would make this community amazing for you? I'm a fix-it-yourself, learn-it-yourself kind of person, so anytime something is broken in my house, I look for internet videos/forum/blogs to learn how to fix it. So, this community will be great to get ideas on how to improve our instance of workfront, bounce ideas for reports/dashboards of others, get assistance in setting up various report/functions, etc. What are you passionate about (other than work)? Family, Sports What's your favorite joke? I'll just tell my 5 year old daughter favorite joke because she makes me laugh, especially when she tells it to random people at the grocery store. ----- Knock, Knock (Who's there) Broken Pencil (Broken Pencil, who?) Oh, don't bother, it's pointless. -------------------- Mark Evans LifeNet Health --------------------

Level 9
My name is Christina Jarosz and I work outside of Philadelphia, PA at Ascensus. We implemented last Fall and since then have had a number of organization changes that required some additional tweaking of our instance. At the moment we have two separately divisions operating as companies, with one division rolling up to one reporting and the other something different. How do you use Workfront? We use Workfront as a marketing agency. Personally, I am the system administrator that functions as both on project initiatives and refining the system to meet the end-users needs. (We implemented roughly 9 months ago so we're just in our growing phase). The community is phenomenal as I work towards making the system work for our users better. What would make this community amazing for you? The ability to find what I've 'liked', added discussion to, or just a 'follow this thread' function. Also, if the idea exchange showed movement. So many items I've done a search for to find a dead end of 'that's an idea that's been requested. :) How much time do you spend using Workfront on a daily basis? 95%. We have two open roles at the moment for WF administration - one a senior project manager and one a traffic coordinator. What are you passionate about (other than work)? Advocating for children with disabilities / special needs community. What's your favorite joke? Who do you call when you break your toe? A tow truck! Christina Jarosz Ascensus