Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Implementation and Adoption Question

Level 9
Hey friends! There's a team here at Workfront who is working on improving the adoption process for new (and current) users. I'm looking for a few people to jump on a quick 5-10 minute call with someone from that team to talk about your experience. (What went well, what didn't, signs that you knew your roll-out was going to be successful, etc.) If you're interested, would you please comment below and I'll make an intro? It would mean a lot to us! Thanks! -Nate Bagley --- Workfront Community Manager - Work Smart, Work Happy Message me directly at:
10 Replies

Level 6
I’d be happy to help… Laura Ray Project Support Analyst Bakkavor Information Systems Bakkavor Group West Marsh Road, Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE11 2BB, UK Direct: +44 (0)1775 763 010 www.Bakkavor.com // Laura.Ray@Bakkavor.com< [cid:image002.png@01D238CD.AFFDE970]

Level 10
Hello! I’m willing to provide input. Thanks, Susan Pfeil (CR) Planning & Integration Disney Vacation Club® Phone 407-566-3984 (8-390) | Mobile: 407-810-1261 This e-mail is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information that is privileged, attorney work product or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your computer. Thank you. Susan

Level 3
Nate, We are always happy to help! Shelly Long. PMP, CSSGB | Traffic Manager

Level 2
Hi Nate, I'd be happy to share my experiences and tips. Thanks Louise

Level 2
I actually provided feedback to Matt Furlong on Monday, but there were a few key things - The admin (at least the primary, but all would be best) MUST take at least the first 4 training classes (previously "Fundamentals", "Work Mgmt", "Resource Mgmt", and the "Admin" class - the regular one, not the advanced yet - that should come at the 6 month or so mark). This knowledge helped us speak more intelligently to our consultants and helped us guide the discussions on how our business units work processes flowed. We identified a representative from each work group - we called them "Power Users" or "Super Users" - to come to the meetings with the consultant. They had the responsibility to gather feedback from their groups and bring it to the pilot team - as well as sharing any discussion outcomes with thier groups directly. The consultants leading dicussions on work processes with our Power Users was eye-opening. We had tried to gather workflows ahead of time and thought we were ahead of the game - the consultants asked all the right questions, pulling on the loose thread of "it depends" to get to the real answer of the WHOLE picture. They mapped it out nicely in a Visio (or something like it) that made complete sense to everyone. After the initial processes were mapped, we discussed reporting views. Due to the number of users, we didn't want everyone creating their own reports. That was actually part of the reason for a consolidated tool - one version of the truth! The consultants went through various options with us and we started out with have been tweaked over time based on user requests, but having something to build off of truly helped. Lastly - to be successful, a company or new business unit on an existing instance must let the consultant actually consult. The consultants are there to find out how you work so they can tailor the setup to your needs.

Level 10
Heather - your feedback is spot on, I couldn’t have said it better. My Dad always says - don’t pay good money for an attorney (consultant in this case) and not take their advice. ☺

Level 10
Regarding Implementation: When we are onboarding a new agency onto our instance, there are some 'prep' steps we ask the agency to start thinking about and gathering. Below is the sample information gathering communication we typically send to an office that we’re onboarding onto WF so they can prepare. I’ve also attached the template project schedule for a new deployment - “WF Deployment Template”. ------ In order to help prepare your office for a Workfront deployment, there are things you can start doing now to get ready. Please see below, as well as the attached materials for guidance. I’ll schedule a kickoff meeting shortly to discuss these items. Key things to put in place in advance of Workfront: Document and deploy a standard project process (see attached ‘Sample Process for WF’) Identify projects you plan to track in Workfront Identify User roles & Teams Define Portfolio/Program structure (align with our Client/Product structure) Develop Project Templates For repeatable, project types - eg: Banner Ads, Emails, Websites Identify reports/outputs desired (e.g, Client Status Reports, Hotsheets) Alignment Arrow - having the appropriate sponsorship, plus process, policy and technology in place to support this change. Do you have a strong Executive Sponsor? A Project Management discipline ingrained, across all channels? Resource Management role? Standardized processes?

Level 9
Katherine, thanks for sharing this! So great. -Nate Bagley --- Workfront Community Manager - Work Smart, Work Happy Message me directly at:

Level 10
Hi Katherine, It is a very good start to collect pre-requisites as you mentioned in this thread. Could you give small example about what do you mean by; Standardized processes? (under alignment arrow). We are also implementing WorkFront in our Group companies. Have a nice day! Thanks and regards, Kundan Kumar. Kundan Kumar PMO KGON (Kverneland Group Operations Norway AS), NORWAY.