Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

I have calendar A and Calendar B. I now want to merge them. Is there a way to do an import of a calendar into an existing calendar?

Level 10

8 Replies

Level 7

Hi Benetta -

If you set them up in Workfront as views in the same calendar, you should see both at the same time or one at a time. See the attached screenshots.

Let me know if I misunderstood your question or can help further.

Best -

Teale0690z000008KPkFAAW.png0690z000008KPkAAAW.png

Level 10

Teale,

That is what I am doing. I click add calendar and i have to create it from scratch for each user. Is there a way, i can add an existing calendar to the view?

Community Advisor

I feel like I'm missing something. Why don't you just share the same calendar with all your folks?

Level 10

0690z000008KQsAAAW.jpg I have created a training calendar. I want to add the training calendar to this master calendar. When I click add calendar - it is asking me to create a new calendar to add to this view. I want to import in the existing training calendar to this view. how can i navigate to find the existing training calendar to add to the view of this Master calendar. For all listed on this master calendar - they were created from scratch - no imports. The training calendar is extensive and will take a long time for me to recreate it again.

Level 7

It sounds like your training calendar is external to WF. If that's the case, you could use a kickstarter to import the calendar items to a project and then go into the existing Master calendar and add the new calendar that filters on those tasks. Or you could use MS Project. It depends on what format the calendar is currently in.

Level 10

both the training calendar i have created and this master view (which contains the five displayed calendars that i created individually from scratch) are all created within workfront.

Maybe I am missing a feature as to how to just "add" my training calendar to this master calendar view? Is there a way to do that and I just am not clicking on the right functions?

Community Advisor

I don't think there's a way to merge two calendars, unless this is something Doug's packaging solution would do. I would probably see which calendar has the least number of options, and copy the contents into the calendar with more options, so I have to do the least amount of copying. And for the copy, just change your filter to text mode and copy paste into the new filter's text mode space.

Level 10

Thanks - changing to text mode and copying is much less typing in creating from scratch - over and over.