Expand my Community achievements bar.

I am trying to filter a Task report by the queue topic on the issue that was converted into the project the task lives on.

Level 5

I have a Task Report that is grouped by the Queue Topic from the Issue that was converted into the Project the task is part of. This is working perfectly.

textmode=true

group.0.valuefield=project:convertedOpTask:queueTopic:name

group.0.valueformat=string

group.0.name=

I wanted to filter the report to only show those which the Queue Topic = ABCDEF

I tried adding it to the filters as:

project:convertedOpTask:queueTopic:name=ABCDEF

project:convertedOpTask:queueTopic:name_Mod=in

(or I tried this since that queue topic has a ton of copies in the system)

project:convertedOpTask:queueTopic:name=ABCDEF

project:convertedOpTask:queueTopic:name_Mod=cicontains

If I switch to standard mode there is an option for Converted Issue > Queue Topic ID. I tried starting with that which gave me this: (doesn't use project first in the lines of text)

convertedOpTask:queueTopicID=5efb873e0937f5d70e29fe447bc455dd

convertedOpTask:queueTopicID_Mod=in

I changed to name instead of ID.

convertedOpTask:queueTopic:name=ABCDEF

convertedOpTask:queueTopicID_Mod=in

and tried contains option as well

convertedOpTask:queueTopicID_Mod=cicontains

But these are all prompting an error. Is there a way to do this or is this not possible?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 5

@Trevor Pierce‚ Is this possible? Just hoping to know if it isn't possible so I don't keep attempting something that can't be done. Thanks

Level 6

Tracy, try changing the "ID" in your qualifier or _Mod line to be ":name" as well.

Ex:

convertedOpTask:queueTopic:name_Mod=in

convertedOpTask:queueTopic:name_Mod=cicontains

Level 5

Hi Trevor, I have tried that as well. They both give me the "Let's try that again" error.

Community Advisor

If you have ever heard other admins refer to a "too many hops" rule, that is probably what this is butting into -- where you can query a certain number of levels in Views and Groupings, but in Filters you can query fewer levels than that.

You'll find that there are a few posts talking about "hops" and of course the Workfront Exists article refers to this as "levels" https://one.workfront.com/s/document-item?bundleId=the-new-workfront-experience&topicId=Content%2FRe...

So in a view, you may very well be able to ask for the project's originating issue's queue topic's name (which I guess is considered 3 levels), but in a filter you may only be able to ask for the project's originating issue's queue topic ID (see how I took that one level down?).

Given that this meshes up pretty well with the Exists article--have you considered making an exists statement out of this?