Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Huh? Planned Duration 6 weeks but Projected Start/Finish Shows 0d

Level 3
I have a task that is supposed to start in 2019. The duration is 6 weeks and the Planned Start/Finish make sense. However, the Projected Start/Finish are the same date, so essentially a 0 day duration. See my screen shot from the task details. Any ideas on what happened or where I can look to fix it? Therese
5 Replies

Level 10
Hi Here are some thoughts Always select project actions, recalculate timeline when dates don't look right. Projected dates are calculus based on, essentially , burn rate. The planned hours are zero. There is nothing to burn so the work should start and do on the same day I would add some planned hours just to see if the projected dates push out. Hope that helps somewhat . Eric Lucas Eric MPM eric.lucas@crowley.com Crowley Information Technology

Level 3
None of these worked. I found another task that has the same issue. It is really messing up my critical path information. Therese

Level 2
Hi Therese, Try changing the Duration Type from Simple to Calculated Assignment and see if that does anything. Louise Everitt Mimeo.com, Inc.

Level 3
Hmmm, have you checked the task constraints? If it's set to fixed dates or must start on/must finish on, it will override the task duration. Check to make sure the constraint is "as soon as possible". Edit: Just noticed the task constraint in your screenshot. So I'm no help! Sorry! Winfield Dean Intercontinental Hotels Group PLC

Level 4
The Projected Start is a week later than the Planned Start, which suggests interaction with another task. Is a predecessor or a child task pushing it out? Has someone committed to work on it? Like Eric, I wonder if the the 0 Projected Duration is due to 0 Planned Hours. Just some quick thoughts. ~Jeff Jeff Rieth Fujifilm Medical Systems