Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Beginner question: Turning custom fields into project tasks

Level 1

Hi - sorry if this has been done to death, but I can't find the answer going through this site the last couple days.

I want to allow end users to select multiple assets on a custom form. I have it built using yes/no checkboxes a section of custom fields. I can see the answers in the request issue. And when I convert to project I see their selections in the project details. Yet... what I'd really like is for those selections to become tasks in the project on conversion. What am I missing? Or is this a Fusion thing? 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @MattLe3 - This would require Fusion. The typical setup here is that you would have a core project template with all the tasks possible. So, when a request is submitted, you could have Fusion remove the tasks that aren't needed (the deliverables that weren't selected). Opinions may vary, but I think deleting is easier than adding in this case. This is a high-level explanation, it's more in the weeds when you get to setup, but hope that helps as a starting point!

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @MattLe3 - This would require Fusion. The typical setup here is that you would have a core project template with all the tasks possible. So, when a request is submitted, you could have Fusion remove the tasks that aren't needed (the deliverables that weren't selected). Opinions may vary, but I think deleting is easier than adding in this case. This is a high-level explanation, it's more in the weeds when you get to setup, but hope that helps as a starting point!