Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.
1) Add the ID field to your report (like adding the ProgramID to the Hours report);
2) Click SWITCH TO TEXT MODE (right corner of the screen);
3) Everywhere it says ID, change it to ":name" (change project:programID to project:program:name)
4) Save+close, viola! it works.
Send me what you're trying to change and I can send more details.
Thank you for the text id help, Lucas!
I am trying to create a report with the following fields to display video status but I can't find the "Assign to" field in the column fields. I chose "project report" . do you have any suggestion?
Video project title, project owner, who are assigned to the projects - pull from tasks (designer name) , start date, completion date.
Please consider the following. It took less than five minutes to produce this:
1) I created an Assignment report, since that is the only place you’ll see the work assigned to individuals. You’ve probably learned that if you create a task report, you’ll only get the information for the task owner, not everyone assigned to the task.
2) I added the project name (built in attribute);
3) I added the Project Owner
a. I added Project Owner ID;
b. I went to text mode;
c. I changed ID to :name;
d. Here is the resulting text mode code to get the project owner name:
e. I added the planned start and completion dates (built in attributes). You could add the actual dates too;
f. I added a filter to look at approved projects;
When you run it, it looks like this (below).
If the user name field is blank, that is where a role was assigned, but not to a user as yet. That is not an error.
Is this what you’re looking for? I wasn’t sure if you wanted to filter the assignments down to a specific role (just designers, for example).
I wish there was a way to send you the report directly ‚Äì I’m working on that‚Ä¶
I really appreciate your help with this. It’s still not quite what we want, I guess we’re hoping not to settle for anything less than what we have. ‚ò∫
I’ve emailed Jason Webre‚Ä¶‚Ä¶ fingers crossed!
Hi Eric! You nailed it and thank you so much!
I have one silly question, but figure I would ask. I know the project name view is showing all tasks under that project, but is there a way I could only show the project name once but include all the names who are assigned to in "Assigned to " column? Maybe there is another way of grouping i am not sure how.
see my attached report and the project names are showing 4 times which I know why because there are 4 people got assigned to. Thanks so much!
Hi Adina, I don't think I could add Project name in the grouping field. The choices are