Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How to change the ID number to name in assignment report (within text mode)?

Level 2
How to change the ID number to name in assignment report (within text mode)?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

11 Replies

Level 10

1) Add the ID field to your report (like adding the ProgramID to the Hours report);

2) Click SWITCH TO TEXT MODE (right corner of the screen);

3) Everywhere it says ID, change it to ":name" (change project:programID to project:program:name)

4) Save+close, viola! it works.

Send me what you're trying to change and I can send more details.

Eric

Level 2

Thank you for the text id help, Lucas!

I am trying to create a report with the following fields to display video status but I can't find the "Assign to" field in the column fields. I chose "project report" . do you have any suggestion?

Video project title, project owner, who are assigned to the projects - pull from tasks (designer name) , start date, completion date.

Level 10

Hi:

Please consider the following. It took less than five minutes to produce this:

1) I created an Assignment report, since that is the only place you’ll see the work assigned to individuals. You’ve probably learned that if you create a task report, you’ll only get the information for the task owner, not everyone assigned to the task.

2) I added the project name (built in attribute);

3) I added the Project Owner

a. I added Project Owner ID;

b. I went to text mode;

c. I changed ID to :name;

d. Here is the resulting text mode code to get the project owner name:

displayname=Project Owner

linkedname=project

namekey=view.relatedcolumn

namekeyargkey.0=project

namekeyargkey.1=owner:name

querysort=project:owner:name

textmode=true

valuefield=project:owner:name

valueformat=HTML

e. I added the planned start and completion dates (built in attributes). You could add the actual dates too;

f. I added a filter to look at approved projects;

[cid:image003.jpg@01D1AC23.4022CB70]

When you run it, it looks like this (below).

If the user name field is blank, that is where a role was assigned, but not to a user as yet. That is not an error.

[cid:image004.jpg@01D1AC23.4022CB70]

Is this what you’re looking for? I wasn’t sure if you wanted to filter the assignments down to a specific role (just designers, for example).

I wish there was a way to send you the report directly ‚Äì I’m working on that‚Ķ

Level 6

Hi Eric

I really appreciate your help with this. It’s still not quite what we want, I guess we’re hoping not to settle for anything less than what we have. ‚ò∫

I’ve emailed Jason Webre‚Ķ‚Ķ fingers crossed!

Level 2

Hi Eric! You nailed it and thank you so much!

I have one silly question, but figure I would ask. I know the project name view is showing all tasks under that project, but is there a way I could only show the project name once but include all the names who are assigned to in "Assigned to " column? Maybe there is another way of grouping i am not sure how.

see my attached report and the project names are showing 4 times which I know why because there are 4 people got assigned to. Thanks so much!

Level 8
I would just add a 2nd grouping by Project Name.

Level 10
I agree with Adina. You could group by project name. You could also remove Project Name from the detailed report and just leave it in the grouping. That makes for a neater, more visually compact report. Eric

Level 2

Hi Adina, I don't think I could add Project name in the grouping field. The choices are

Assignment

Assigned by

Assigned to

Job role

Team

Level 8
I just tried it, and you're right, Project Name is not listed on the grouping page. Try clicking on the Project: Name column when you're on the grouping tab, and it will add the grouping (it will just show a >>, but it works):

Level 2
That's great! I think this will work. Thank you for all your help, Eric and Adina! I learned a few new tricks now. This is a great knowledge resource!

Level 7
I think this is also close to the report I want, but I can't see what filter you applied. The image isn't appearing. Can you share again? I don't want multiple task assignments showing. I just want the project name to show along with who is assigned on the project. Leah Janz Metro Transit