Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How do I delete a User Account now?

Level 3

My company was migrated to Adobe Admin Console this past February. I am positive I had the ability to delete user accounts from our Workfront environment, at least until this morning. I had a counterpart add a new user but entered a misspelled email address. She re-entered the user into the Workfront user system with the proper email address and renamed the first incorrect account as "Delete lastname". When we both try to click on "permanantly delete" we get an error message the says: ERROR User deletion is not available. If you want to delete users please useAdobe IMS instead.

The first incorrect account is not represented in the Admin Console. I reactivated the account and still see no way to "delete" just remove, which puts me in the same situation.

I contacted support and was told this is all expected behaviour. So if we mistype an email address we just collect a group of "deactivated" user accounts that we can not delete from our systems like an Admin might want to do?

Has anyone else come across this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you mistype an email address, you should deactivate the user in Workfront, and then you'll be able to edit their profile and correct your typo (reactivate after you're done). So no need to make a whole new account for them. Otherwise yes, at the moment, you cannot delete from Workfront if you migrate to admin console. I did hear a rumor that they're working to add this functionality in the future.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you mistype an email address, you should deactivate the user in Workfront, and then you'll be able to edit their profile and correct your typo (reactivate after you're done). So no need to make a whole new account for them. Otherwise yes, at the moment, you cannot delete from Workfront if you migrate to admin console. I did hear a rumor that they're working to add this functionality in the future.

Level 3

Ah, I see now! The field becomes editable when you deactivate the account. I had not noticed that before now. Thank you Skye!

Level 2

Wait, there's no longer a way to delete users? 

So if I'm working on a Fusion automation that's triggered by new user creation, then my testing will result is potentially dozens of junk user accounts?

Community Advisor

You should talk to Support. I think your workaround would be to test it in one of the sandboxes. This way your junk users are overwritten the next time you refresh. But I don't understand for sure how that all works, so it's just best if you confirm with an expert.

Level 3

It looks like after I raised this issue with support they restored the "permanently delete" option. This also was pertaining to accounts that are migrated to the Adobe Admin Console.

Community Advisor

I know that it's on the Workfront roadmap to allow permanent deletion within a workfront instance, but I don't see it active in my environment as of today. We can and do remove them from adobe console, and look forward to removing them from workfront when we arrive at that point again.

Level 2

In my case I created a test user in a sandbox environment and can't delete it. It never appeared in the Admin Console at all.

Community Advisor

oh good. I was wondering. If you refresh the sandbox does the user go away or stay?

Level 2

Sandbox refreshes in our environment have to be approved by a governance board (it's a whole thing) so I haven't tested that.

Community Advisor

@RAshley  next time, just use the preview sandbox. This refreshes every saturday night whether or not your governance board likes it.

Level 3

Sorry, I spoke too soon.  Yes, the "permanently delete" option is there but the error message pops up when you try to use it that you need to remove the user using IMS. So they have not fixed this. I remember talking to support about it and was told I would lose data if I deleted a user. I explained that as the Admin of my instance it should be up to me what data needs to be kept and what data is irrelevant and can be deleted. 

Level 3

But this delete option DOES work in my production environment.  I guess this may be a case of the squeeky wheel getting th egrease. I can not delete in my sandbox but I can in my produciton. Sense, this does not make.