Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!
SOLVED

How do I delete a User Account now?

Level 3

My company was migrated to Adobe Admin Console this past February. I am positive I had the ability to delete user accounts from our Workfront environment, at least until this morning. I had a counterpart add a new user but entered a misspelled email address. She re-entered the user into the Workfront user system with the proper email address and renamed the first incorrect account as "Delete lastname". When we both try to click on "permanantly delete" we get an error message the says: ERROR User deletion is not available. If you want to delete users please useAdobe IMS instead.

The first incorrect account is not represented in the Admin Console. I reactivated the account and still see no way to "delete" just remove, which puts me in the same situation.

I contacted support and was told this is all expected behaviour. So if we mistype an email address we just collect a group of "deactivated" user accounts that we can not delete from our systems like an Admin might want to do?

Has anyone else come across this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you mistype an email address, you should deactivate the user in Workfront, and then you'll be able to edit their profile and correct your typo (reactivate after you're done). So no need to make a whole new account for them. Otherwise yes, at the moment, you cannot delete from Workfront if you migrate to admin console. I did hear a rumor that they're working to add this functionality in the future.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you mistype an email address, you should deactivate the user in Workfront, and then you'll be able to edit their profile and correct your typo (reactivate after you're done). So no need to make a whole new account for them. Otherwise yes, at the moment, you cannot delete from Workfront if you migrate to admin console. I did hear a rumor that they're working to add this functionality in the future.

Level 3

Ah, I see now! The field becomes editable when you deactivate the account. I had not noticed that before now. Thank you Skye!